Chapter: 22- Coma

© Stephanie Stewart | 2013

*********************

Probably 2-3 more left.

If you'd buy this, if I published it, then tell me please!

Warning, may make you cry?

Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------

Chapter: 22

Coma

It has been a few weeks. Mason is still in a coma. They did some tests on his eyes, since he did go blind once. They found out that if they did not operate, he could permanently loose his vision. His mom went ahead and signed allowing them to do it. He had the operation about a week ago. They said if that this accident was a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that it helped them save his vision. The curse, he is in a coma and they do not even know if or when he will wake up.

I have been back and forth to the hospital and school. I go to school then come here. I was currently by his bed praying that he would wake up. “Hey.” A voice said behind me, which caused me to jump.

I turned around to see Amber. “Oh God, you scared me.” I placed my hand over my rapid beating heart.

She just laughed. “Hey Summer?”

“Yeah.” I mumbled as I looked back at my boyfriend.

“He is going to be okay.” She touched my shoulder gently.

I just sighed. “How do you know that Amber?”

She crouched in front me and grabbed my hand. “He’s my bubba. He is strong. He always pulls through!”

I have to admit, it helped some. I just nodded and looked at him. He had patches still over his eyes. He had not moved or responded to our touch in weeks. Amber got up and sat beside me. “He is going to be okay.”

The rest of the time, we were both quiet. We did not speak. We just looked at Mason lying on that hospital bed, again.  Amber got up and brushed down her jeans. “Hey, are you going to be okay here?”

“Summer, you can’t keep worrying yourself. Go home. You have not ate properly the past few weeks.” She looked concerned.

I just sighed. “Amber, I am fine.”

I am tired of people worrying about me. She just sighed and closed her eyes. “Okay, I will see you later then.” She said as she left. I just replied with a simple, “Okay.”

Once she left, I turned to Mason. “Mason, please wake up baby.” I begged.

I gripped onto his hand and began to cry. “Please, I need you..”

I laid my head on his chest. I miss him so much. I need him. I cannot do this on my own. I need him, I do. I pulled my head up and ran my hand over his face. His face was prickly because he had not been shaven since he had been here. He actually looks very good with a beard.

“Please?” I said as I kissed his lips gently. I pulled away and whispered, “Mason, I need you. I need you here with me. I cannot do this without you. If something happened to you, it would kill me. Please baby, wake up….”