Chapter: 7 -First date + Mixed Feelings = Disaster?

© Stephanie Stewart || 2013 || All rights reserved

****************************************

**EDITED**

--------------------------------------------

Chapter: 7

First Date + Mixed Feelings = Disaster?

Well, it has been a rough week. Mr. Mills is not doing well. His health is declining very fast. Jarod and I are going on our date tonight. I am excited of course, but there is something that is making me very reluctant to go on this date. I just cannot place my finger on it right now though.

I have visited Mason as much as I could the past few days. I did not work on Sundays so; I drove up there anyway to be with him. We have gotten close these past few weeks that I have been working back at the hospital. He has been different though. It is as if he is distant, or hiding something. He will not even talk to me much. It is making me feel like he does not want me around. The other day things got ugly between us.

Flashback

I walked into Mason’s room last night. I was going to visit him as I always do. He has been quieter towards me. His replies are snippy. It started the day after I brought Jarod in his room. It clicked, he is jealous.

“Mason?” Once I said his name, his eyes shot in my direction.

“What?” His tone was snippy, as usual.

I just sighed. I cannot handle this anymore. “What the hell is your problem?”

He sucked in a sharp gasp of air and said, “You.”

My mouth dropped and my eyes went wide. I pinched the bridge of my nose and blew up on him. “What has crawled up your ass and died? You use to be so nice. Ever since I brought Jarod in here, you have changed. Are you jealous? If you are, all you have to do is say something? I am not an evil or mean person. You know what you are doing is hurting me. I have feelings, Mason. I wished that you would respect them. I just don’t get it.” I threw my hands in the air.

He did not speak, so I stormed out. I was crying my eyes out. I ran into Jarod and he just held me. It is as if he is pushing me into another guys arm. Mason and I are not a thing, but it seemed like something more was starting to form there, but I guess not.

End of Flashback

I sighed at the memory. I have not seen him since then. It hurts so badly. You just do not realize. I decided that it was time to get ready for my first date ever. I slipped into the shower. I washed my hair and washed myself with my lavender body wash. Once I was done with my shower, I got out and dried myself off. I dried my hair into loose waves.  I actually made sure that I put on more makeup than I usually do. I smeared the foundation on my face, making sure to cover my face well. After it was completely smoothed in, I brushed powder onto my face. My mom is the one who done my eye shadow. Trust me I can do my own, but she was teaching me the complete smokey eye look. After she was done, she admired her work. “Beautiful!”

“Thank you momma.” I hugged her tightly.

She just smiled and said, “Anytime. Finish up!”

She was excited about my first date. I was in a way, but something was ruining it for me. People call them Mixed Feelings?

I hope that this is not going to end in disaster.  I went to my closet after my makeup was fully finished, to find an outfit for tonight. I scrambled through my closet. I am about ready to scream. There is nothing to wear! Finally, I find a pair of my Hollister High Rise, Short-Shorts in the Embellished Medium Wash style.  I slip them on and look for a shirt. My mom recently went shopping, so that is why I have so much Hollister stuff. I find my white, Hollister Doheney Shine shirt. I slip on a pair of my Leather, Hollister, Vintage Beaded flip-flops. I slip on a few needed bangles and necklaces and then I am ready to go.