Chapter: 5 -Getting Close with Mr. Popular

© Stephanie Stewart || 2013 || All Rights Reserved

---------------------------------------------

**EDITED**

Did anyone spot the chapter name in the chapter anywhere? If so tell me where.

I'm about to start incorporating it into it more often, in random spots. Whoever finds it, gets a dedication! :)

Also, I added who a few of the character are based off of! Go Check it out!

--------------------------------

Chapter: 5

Getting Close with Mr. Popular

I cannot believe that he wants me to hang around with him until he is released from the hospital. This is just crazy! We are about to start spending a whole lot of time together here soon. I am slightly scared about it, but I know that I am psyched out about it

I got up from my very comfortable bed, so that I can begin to get ready for work. I am excited today because I get to spend time with Mason. He is really a different person than I judged him to be. That is why you take the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” literally.

I decided that I was going to go take a shower this morning. After my shower, I dried my hair into ringlets. I sprayed my hair and pinned the sides of my hair back into small French braids. We are supposed to keep our hair out of our faces and today I just felt like wearing it down. I done my makeup and slipped on my glasses. I put on a pair of pink scrubs today and went to the kitchen.

My mom was in the kitchen cooking me some breakfast. “Hey mommy!” I said in a cheery voice.

The summer time just makes me happy! “Hey sweetheart! How did you sleep?”

“Slept good. Just a lot on my mind though.” I admitted to her.

“What’s bothering you honey?” She had concern written all over her face.

I sighed. “Do you remember Mr. Mill’s?”

Her face lifted up in recognition at the name. “Yes! He is a very lovely man! What about him dear?”

My face dropped. He is a very good man! We have known him for quite some time now. “His cancer is back mom.” I began to sob some by the end of this.

She made her way to me and rubbed my back. “Honey, they have treatments for that. He’s fought it once, he can do it again.”

I shook my head at her. “He isn’t taking another treatment. It is too fast to treat. He’s going to die mommy.”

“Shhh, sweetheart.” She kept murmuring to me.

After I sobbed into my mother’s chest for a while, she wiped the tears from my face. She let go of me and went to grab something. When she came back, she pushed the sack in my direction. I gave her a wary look and she said, “Just open the damn thing Summer.”

I just sighed and opened the sack. I reached my hand inside and pulled out a few boxes of contacts. I cocked my head to the side as I looked at my mother. “You always wear your glasses. It is time for a change. You are so beautiful Summer. Go knock a guy’s socks off of their feet!”

I squealed. I have always wanted contacts! I was just too scared to ask for them. I hugged her and rushed to the bathroom to put them in. I have to say that it was a booger getting those suckers in. I packed my glasses in case something happens with the contacts.