Chapter: 3- Nerd Girl

© Stephanie Stewart || 2013  || ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

***************************************

**EDITED**

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter: 3

Nerd Girl

“Sarah?” He put his hand on his chin rubbing it, in a thinking manner.

“Umm hmm.” I mumbled.

“You would think that I would remember you. You seem feisty, especially standing up to me like you did.” He chuckled.

I had to laugh too because I do not usually stand up to anyone like I did with him. I usually cower down and take it.

This just is not like me. I looked at the clock it said 8:05. I need to go visit the other patients. “I’m sorry, but I have to go visit the other patients. I will be back around later. If that okay?”

“Yeah. Sure I’d like that.” He had a small smirk present on his face.

“Okay. We’ll I will see you later.” I say shyly.

“See you.” He replied. I turned around and as I was walking out his friends and the ones who like to make fun of me started coming into the room. SHOOT!

“Hey Nerd girl!” Henry shouts loud enough for Mason to hear. UGH! The rest of the boys start to bust out laughing. This is it! I am through with the laughing and teasing!

I loosened up my neck and stood up straight. “You know what?” I said in a teasing tone.

Henry turns around startled by my sudden outburst. “What nerdy?” He cocks his eyebrows up at me, giving an ‘I dare you’  type of look.

Okay, really this is it! I took a deep breath and began, “I may be a nerd, but I’m proud of it! At least I can pass my classes.”

One of the guys named P.J. said, “Oooh man! Burn! She just told you.” P.J. has never really made fun of me. It was always Henry and some of the other that were with him.

“Shut the hell up!” Henry shouts at P.J. and I just smirk. I so just got under his skin!

“Oh Henry?” I said. I put my hands on my hips and said, “By the way my name is Summer, not Nerd Girl!”

P.J.’s mouth drops. They did not expect me to be so bold! Henry did not answer. I just smirked and walked off to finish my job. 1-Summer 0-Henry!

Mason Fields

All I heard was my friends come in and say, “Hey Nerd girl,” as Sarah was walking out. Where have I heard that? Oh.. It hit me then.

I started to listen even closer to their conversation. All I know is that she was not happy to be called that. She totally stood up to them like she did me.

“I may be a nerd, but I’m proud of it! At least I can pass my classes.” I heard her say. Oh snap! That was a good one. Ha-ha!  “Oooh man! Burn! She just told you.” I heard P.J. say. I smirked at P.J.'s comment!

“Shut the hell up!” Henry shouted angrily at P.J.

“Oh Henry?” Sarah says. There was a short pause until she finally spoke again. “By the way my name is Summer, not Nerd Girl!”