Chapter 16: The Return

Start from the beginning

Chaos turned around to face his Army Leaders and saw him frown. "Where is he?"

Nico who stood at the right side of the formation, spoke, "Something held him back, obviously." It held my breath, waiting for the Creator to explode at the disrespect of Nico but he didn't even seem to notice.

"That boy is always late." Just as the words left Chaos' lips, there was another flash of black and red colored light.

The person stepped out of the vortex and I knew instantly who it was. I would know that black raven hair anywhere.

Percy Jackson stood right before my eyes.

I felt a heavier weight as if reminding me that I could not go anywhere remotely close to

him. I stood still and soon enough, it lightened but I could still feel it. Percy Jackson, like the rest, stood right behind Chaos in the upside down 'V' form except he was the missing point. He wore a much grander than the other Army leaders. Power radiated from him, such power that I could feel the room slightly trembling with all the power all joined in one room. He had a power greater than the Olympian Gods and Goddesses, just like the rest of the Army, but much greater. Similar to Chaos, in fact. His cape flowed with the design of a swirling sea-green and red and black galaxy. The Army had one too except theirs was more of only two colors. All of them had numbers and some symbol imprinted on them.

"Percy." Chaos greeted, "About time you joined us."

I took a look at Poseidon, whose face had gone all traces of color as he stared wide-eyed at his missing son who wouldn't even spare him a glance. In all fairness, it seemed everyone had lost all their color in shock and disbelief at what stood before them. I know I am, except for Timothy who only supported an annoyed and (surprisingly) disbelief look.

Percy's eyes held the Creator's, conveying messages none of us know. Chaos sighed and turned around with a smirk, "I believe an introduction is a must." He took a step to the side, giving the spotlight to the Army.

Percy glared at Chaos, who merely shrugged, before moving his eyes towards us. Scanning, nothing gave away to his emotions. A perfectly sculpted mask. "I'm Percy, as you all know." His voice reverberated around the room, sending tingles down my spine and a pang of longing. Oh, how much I've missed him and his goofy grin. "I'm the commander of the Army and that's all you need to know." Percy shot Chaos a glare who merely raised his eyebrows.

Nico, sensing that it was time, stepped up meeting Percy's eyes and as soon as he nodded, Nico continued. "I'm Nico. I'm the second in command, Percy's right hand and the leader of Section 2."

Nico paused before stepping back as if letting us let the information sink in. The guy on Percy's left stepped up with a mischievous grin, "Look at all the tension, this should be interesting." he said, "I'm Sylas. Third in command and leader of Section 3."

And so on they went. Another good looking girl stepped up after Sylas. She's Harmony and the leader of Section 4, Luke was Section 5, Zoe is the leader for 6, Leo for 7, Bianca for 8, Ethan has 9, Beckendorf is 10 along with Silena. Michael Yew was the leader for medical while Castor was communication.

Timothy, surprisingly and stupidly, spoke up. "You expect us to lay our lives to them?"

Everyone in the Army bristled and move with grace, ready to defend at any time. But somebody had already beat them to it. With a frightening stealth and speed, Percy threw a dagger towards the idiot. Everyone collectively held their breaths only to be released when the dagger landed with exact precision. An exact inch from Timothy's head, it was like a movie because there was a second delay when blood started dripping out from the thin slice in Timothy's cheeks. He didn't bother to wipe it as he was paralyzed with fear.