Chapter 8

Chapter 8

**

I showered and came out to wear my night wear; a white shorts and a loose t-shirt, which belongs to one of my brothers. The clothes I want to wear for the club, all the fancy one's are in my wardrobe upstairs. I opened my door and went to the fourth floor with the phone in my hand. I was currently reading a story on wattpad. It really helps me calm my mind. I was so engrossed in reading that I didn't notice where I was walking.

"Stop there, before you fall for me." An amused voice said.

I looked up to see none other than Ashton leaning against the wall. Not to look like a fan girl, but he really looked hot from the way he was standing.

"I'll never fall for you," I said, putting a pressure on you.

"You never know." He smirked.

"What are you doing here? Standing like...this." I gestured him up and down with my hand.

"What do you want me to do? If you're thinking something dirty. I'm not interested. You're not my type," he said, giving me a once over and shaking his head.

I stomped towards him angrily. "First, I wasn't thinking anything dirty. Second, I am not interested. Third, you are not my type," I scoffed.

Before I could process, he snaked his arms around my waist and turned us around, so my back hit the wall. He places his hands on the side of my body and leaned forward. His lips almost touching mine.

"First, you never know if you fall for me. Second, I'm everybody's type, except you," he whispered.

"You never know," I said, as I tried to bring back my heart to its normal beating. My breathing increased from our close proximity. He raised his hand and I instantly flinched back, waiting for the impact. It never came. Instead, his hands were on my cheeks. He brought my chin up as I opened my eyes wide. He studied me carefully, before saying those words.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said and took a step back, enough for me to breathe properly.

I coward behind a little. "Yeah."

A flash of past went through my mind. I shook my head. It's not the time to remember my awfully past. I didn't notice that I had dropped my phone, until it rang. Ashton picked it up from the ground and furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's from some Eric," he said, looking down at the caller ID.

My eyes widen as the name registered in my mind. I snatched my phone from his hand. "Thanks."

I quickly answered the call and left giving one glare to Ashton who now looked bored.

"Hello?" I called when I was out of hearing range.

"You were right." He said from the other line. I stopped dead in my track. Gripping the phone tightly in my hand. "My Dad is involved."

**

"Okay. So I'll wear that," I said to Amber on other line while going through my dresses.

"Yeah. I'll wear my red one." She said. I nodded and then smacked my forehead.

She can't see you, idiot, a voice in my head said.

Oh right.

"Yeah," I replied.

We hang up and I got up to get ready for the club. It's a school night, Monday night, but we aren't planning on drinking and I had already asked Mom because I know I can't ask any of my brothers, nor Dad.