I've Been Thinking...Out Loud.

It had been a long day at the office, and it was only 2:30. Paperwork was piling up on your desk and nobody seemed to want to be there. Nobody was in a particularly bad mood, per say, but it was obvious that no one had any desire to be there. You decided putting music on would be a good idea. Hey, guys, mind if I turn the radio on? You asked, and they brightened up at the idea. You smiled and turned it on. Thankfully, a new speaker system had been installed, so everyone would be able to hear it.

When your legs dont work like they used to before
And I cant sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

You smiled slightly and looked up at Aarons office. He had heard the music and was looking down at you. This was your song. You had both agreed not to tell the team in the beginning, and as time went on, you decided to tell them at the right moment. It never seemed to be the right time, and, now, a year later, you still hadnt told them.

And, darling, I will be loving you til were 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And Im thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

Aaron came down to make copies of something just as you were getting coffee. The break room happened to be the room that had the copy machine in it. As you were waiting on your coffee, and he was waiting on his copies, he came behind you and wrapped his arms around you. We dont get to see enough of each other during the day, He whispered. Do you think I could convince Dave to give up his office? We could make a joining door, you said, jokingly. Aaron turned you around, chuckling, as he wrapped his arms around your waist, starting to sway back and forth with you.

So, honey, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
Im thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

He leaned down and pressed his lips to yours. I love you, y/n, he confessed, pressing his forehead against your own. And I love you, you answered. Ive been thinking lately, he says, and you get nervous. Oh, boy, that cant be good, you said, laughing lightly. Jack and I want you to move in with us. He said you cook breakfast better than I do. You smile up at him.

When my hairs all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds dont remember my name
When my hands dont play the strings the same way (mmm)
I know you will still love me the same

Id love to, Aaron. You held him closer, and your cheeks were pressed together as you swayed to your song.

'Cause, honey, your soul could never grow old, its evergreen
And, baby, your smiles forever in my mind and memory
Im thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe its all part of a plan
Well, Ill just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that youll understand

Good, he said, smiling down at you. You hadnt seen him this happy in a while. Sweetheart, you look like a kid on Christmas morning. Did you expect me to say no? He looked at you sheepishly. Well, I wasnt sure if youd mindwith Jack and all, you know? I know its a lot to take in and get used to, he rambled off. You know I love you and Jack immensely, I wouldnt mind taking care of the both of you until the day I die. You boys are my life now. He gripped you tighter.

That, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
Thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are (oh, oh)

I was thinkingmaybe now we should tell the team? He said, not bothering to stop swaying. You loved that you were the only one who had seen his romantic side. Your Aaron, the one that would dance with you in the break room to your song. We probably should.

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, lo-ud

He chuckled. What? You asked, confused. Im just glad you agree, since theyre all looking in the window now. He had an amused tone to his voice. You both stopped dancing and looked over to the window. They were all smiling at the both of you, Dave giving Aaron a thumbs up. You felt the heat rising in your cheeks. This was your family, your life, all before you. You couldnt be happier. Aaron closed the blinds unexpectedly, and turned to you, giving you a passionate kiss. The two of you continued dancing to your song, knowing this was the start of something beautiful.

So, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart
Im thinking out loud
But maybe we found love right where we are
Oh, baby, we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are