Surprise

You sat on the bathroom floor, sobbing into your hands. Another negative pregnancy test lying by your side. You and Aaron had been trying for about 8 months now. "Y/n? Sweetheart, are you okay in there?" Aaron's voice came from behind the closed bathroom door. "Y-yes. I'm fine," you said, your voice faltering on the last word. "Y/n, I'm coming in." You didn't bother to look up as you heard him walk in and sit beside you. His strong arms wrapped around you, but he didn't say anything. He knew. This has been an ongoing thing. You would have a passionate night - or week - be a few days late, and you'd try not to get your hopes up, you'd take a test, and it would come back negative.

"I promise you, it'll all work out as it should, my love," Aaron said, holding you close. "But it hasn't. We can't...I can't...I don't work properly. All I want is to have kids with you. And I can't do that...can't do that for you," you said between sobs. Aaron sighed. "If it's meant to be, it will be. I'm happy, either way." After a while, you calmed down and he made you some tea. He left for work and you went on about your day. There was cleaning to do, bed sheets to change, laundry to wash, and heartache to forget about.

As the day went on, you'd gotten a lot accomplished. All the rooms were straight and dusted/vacuumed and the bathrooms had been completely washed down. The last load of laundry had been folded and you were going to sit down to a nice cup of hot tea. "Crap," you thought out loud, "I forgot about the trash." You got up and went around to the different trash cans in the house. You went into yours and Aaron's bathroom and picked up the trash can that was consequently overflowing, and things started falling out of it.

Cursing to yourself, you bent down to pick it all up, when you saw it. Your heart about exploded. You dropped the bag in your hand and fell to your knees as you picked up the pregnancy test you had taken earlier that morning. "Oh my God..." You whispered quietly, pushing your y/h/c hair out of your face and tucking it behind your ear. A very faint second pink line on the test had come up. "Pregnant. I'm...I'm pregnant?" You reached under the sink to grab the digital pregnancy test you'd saved for a situation like this. You had saved the cup with your pee in it for some reason, as gross as that is, and you were thankful you had.

It felt like the longest five minutes of your life. You pulled out your phone to get on Facebook and Twitter for a while. You hopped up as soon as five minutes was over. You took a deep breath and looked at the test.

Pregnant: 1-2 weeks

Oh my. You jumped up and grabbed your purse and keys. Speeding down the road toward Aaron's work, you thought of something. You stopped by the local drug store and grabbed a onesie that said "Daddy's Favorite" on it, and Aaron's favorite candy. You pulled up to Aaron's work and took a deep breath. You grabbed the present bag with the stuff in it and walk/ran up to his office. The team knew you well, and gave you confused looks as you ran up to Aaron's office. You didn't even knock as you pushed the door open. "Y/n? What's wrong?" He asked, standing up. "Nothing," you said, smiling, "I just felt bad after you left this morning, and I wanted to make it up to you. I found something at the store that you've been wanting for a while, and I grabbed it up!"

You walked up to him, handing him the present. He smiled as he took it, sitting on the edge of his desk. "Well? Open it!" You said excitedly. He chuckled as he pulled the bag of candy out. "Snickers, my favorite. What're you up to? Or, rather, how much money did you spend?" You glared at him and he laughed. "Keep going!" Aaron pulled the onesie out of the bag and stared at it, his jaw slack. He looked up at you, still in shock. "But I thought..." You shook your head. "I didn't wait long enough for the results." You handed him the digital pregnancy test and he looked at it.

Throwing the stuff onto the table behind him, he ran to you, picking you up and spinning you around. He held you close, crashing his lips into yours. "I am so happy," he whispered against your lips. His beautiful golden-brown eyes looked deep into your y/e/c ones. You buried your face into his chest, crying happy tears. "I suppose we'll have to tell the team now," you said after a while. "We can wait a bit, if you want," he said, looking down at you. "Sweetheart, I busted in here, no warning, didn't even say hello to them, and you don't have your blinds closed," you say, giggling. You both looked out the window to see the team scramble to act as if they hadn't been spying on you just now. You both laughed as he put his hand on your stomach. "I suppose we do," he says, giving you one last kiss.