Meeting Jack

Today was nothing special, as I had planned, quite literally, nothing. I was sitting in my apartment complex in my yoga pants and "brains & beauty" tank top. I walked into my kitchen and grabbed a mug to make some hot tea. You could call it an addiction, I suppose. It was literally all I drank.

As my tea was steeping, I leaned against the counter, checking my phone. There was nothing new, really. I had the day off from the bureau and, thankfully, there hadn't been any unexpected calls for us to come in. I sat on my sofa and drank the tea I had made, while flipping through some new additions on Netflix. I gave up and started on a random episode of one of my favorite tv shows, Frasier.

Okay, so, it's not the most in depth show, but I found it light and funny. Honestly, it was easy to make me laugh. I've found myself on more than one occasion in tears over this show. Episode after episode passed, and I looked up at the clock. It was a little after 11:30, and I figured the mail had already been delivered.

I slipped on some sandals and grabbed my apartment key. I hit the button on the elevator and reached the lobby. There weren't that many people around today, but it was a Saturday. I grabbed the few pieces of junk mail that had been placed into my box, and went back to the elevator. The doors were closing as I hear someone shout, "Hey! Can you hold the door?" I grabbed them just in time to see a boy, maybe around the age of 9 or 10, running to the elevator. "Thanks," he said, as the doors shut. I smiled down at him, "No problem! What's your name?" He smiled back. "I'm Jack," he said, holding onto some mail I assumed he had been getting. Funny, I hadn't seen him down there.

We reached the 6th floor, my floor, and we both got off. "You live on this floor, too?" I asked. "Yeah, me and my dad live in room 610." He said, looking at me sheepishly. "Oh! I live in 612, right next to you! That's funny how we've never seen each other." He shuffled his feet on the floor. "Yeah, it's just...me and dad....dad and me...." He looked up at me with a mischievous light in his eyes. "Oh? What about your mother?" He sighed. "She died when I was little." I felt awful for asking. "Jack...I am so sorry. I know she'd be proud of the young man you are." He smiled and nodded in agreement.

"But yep. Just me. And dad." I eyed him suspiciously. "What are you trying to say?" I asked him, chuckling. "You should meet him. You're pretty. And he's single." I laughed out loud this time. "Forward, are we?" I winked at him. He giggled and nodded. "He's nice. He works a lot, but he needs a woman. Seriously." This kid. I was about dead. We had reached the rooms by now, and he knocked on the door, but not before winking back at me. I waited to make sure he got in okay. I looked down at my mail and then I heard it. "Jack, where have you been? I already checked the mail to-" he stopped mid sentence as his eyes met with mine. "Alice," he breathed.

"Hotch?!" I exclaimed, completely shocked. Jack looked between us. "You two know each other?" He asked, smirking, and backing into the door now. "Yes, Jack, this is Alice. We work together." Jack looked at me, looking like he was about to die laughing, and darted into the room. Hotch looked at me with a confused look on his face. "What was that about?" He asked. I just snickered. "Oh, nothing." "What brings you here? And how did you know where I live?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "I live here," I stated blankly, "right next door, in fact." He looked shocked. "Funny. We've never crossed paths. Would you like to come in?" I glanced passed him and Jack was giving me a thumbs up. I held back a laugh and nodded.

His apartment was nice. It looked just like mine, but more...manly. He fixed two cups of coffee and we sat on the sofa. "You have a charming son," I commented, laughing internally over our little exchange. "Thank you, he's a basket case," he said, chuckling. His eyebrows knit together, and he turned to me. "So what did you guys talk about, exactly?" I swallowed hard. Should I even tell him? "Well, he...he told me that it was just the two of you. That his mom had passed away when he was young..." I trailed off, not knowing if I should even know about that. I stole a glance at Hotch, waiting on a response, but he sat still, waiting on me to continue. "I'm really sorry about your loss, Hotch." I looked down at my mug. "It's okay, really. It was a long time ago." I nodded, tracing the rim of my mug. "He also said that I was pretty and that....you were single and you needed a woman." He choked on his drink, and I stifled a laugh. "Alice, I'm so sorry about that..." He said, squirming in his seat. "No, it's fine, really. I didn't even know it was you." I mentally face palmed myself for that one. He raised an eyebrow at me. "And...if you had known?" He looked at me, quizzically. "Well, I um....I'd still be interested..." I trailed off as he stiffened in his seat. I immediately spoke up, "Hotch, don't...I'm sorry. I just...I wasn't...thinking, and-" He cut me off. "Aaron." I looked up at him. "What?" "Call me Aaron." I blushed, as I looked down. "O-okay...Aaron." He smiled and lifted my chin up with his fingers and took my mug out of my hand and placed it on the coffee table. He proceeded to cup my cheek in his hand and pulled me closer, as our lips met.

His lips were softer than I had ever imagined. I was so happy this was happening, I had been head over heels for Aaron for a long time now. We were interrupted by a low clearing of a throat from the doorway. Morgan, Reid, and Rossi were standing there with Jack. Jack smiled at us and turned to the three guys. "See? I told you it worked. I pretended to get the mail, just like you said, Uncle Derek!" Hotch and I shared an understanding glance and laughed, along with everyone else.

And that is the day I met Jack Hotchner and became the girlfriend of SSA Aaron Hotchner.

A/N: Ayeeee! So this ended up being a lot longer than I'd originally planned. But I liked it! I might start taking Hotch x Reader requests, so y'all let me know what you think about that! I'm not sure if I'd end up doing all of them, but we'll see! I can even personalize it, so it has your name and everything. Hit me up in the DM's!

~A
Xx