I'll Keep You Warm

We were finally getting back on the plane from a particularly gruesome case in Alaska. Garcia even had to come with us on this one. She and her "dark chocolate sculpture of pure manly man", as she so kindly put it earlier, had curled up on the couch, snuggling. I smirked at her as I walked by them. JJ, Emily, and Reid had taken the seats across from them to play a round of cards, and I was left to sit with the boss man and Rossi. Not that I minded. I had developed a special taste for Mr. Mysterious Unit Chief, and was almost ecstatic when I saw that I'd be sitting with him.

Rossi had his bags and such in the seat next to him, so I was forced to take the seat by Hotch. Darn. If I was correct, Rossi had even smirked at me as I sat down. I smiled at them and pulled out my case file to start on my report. I planned to go straight home and get into some yoga pants and drink wine. All night.

Rossi and Hotch shared a look before Rossi spoke up. "Eager to do paperwork, are we? Got a hot date waiting at home for you?" I chuckled. In all reality, all I had waiting for me was a cheap bottle of wine and Netflix. I swear I felt Hotch tense up at Rossi's question, so I thought I'd play along. "Is it that obvious?" I smirked. Rossi raised his eyebrows and Hotch looked over at me. "Who's the lucky guy?" Hotch asked, with obvious disgust laced in his words. "Well, I've been seeing him for a while. He keeps asking me if I'm still interested. Insecure, I guess. I always say yes. I can't help myself," I smiled as I saw the disappointment in his face and smirked at Rossi. "What's his name?" Rossi asked, glancing at Hotch. "Netflix," I said, seriously, without looking up from my paperwork.

I heard a chuckle coming from my left, and I looked over at Hotch. He was actually laughing. I couldn't help but giggle then, too. It got quiet after a while, and everyone but the three of us were asleep. I'd finished the paperwork a while ago, but couldn't sleep. I was freezing. I tried my best not to show it. I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around myself. Hotch glanced over at me with a concerned look on his face. "Are you cold?" He asked, sitting up. "N-no...no I'm...I'm f-fine," my voice betrayed me as the chattering became uncontrollable. Truth be told, the case was so bad that I hadn't even thought about extra layers and it was still freezing on the jet. I think we may have brought Alaska with us.

He leaned forward and pulled off his jacket. "H-Hotch, you d-don't have t-to-" he cut me off with his look and placed it around my shoulders. I smiled and immediately felt the warmth surrounding my body. "Better?" He asked, smirking triumphantly. I rolled my eyes. "Yes. Thanks, Hotch." It was his turn to roll his eyes. "Would you call me Aaron already? We've been over this. We're off the case now." I smiled. "Thank you, Aaron." He smiled and turned to look out of the window. I started to feel my eyelids get heavy, and closed my eyes, not going to sleep, but just resting.

Not too much later, my neck started to hurt, and I decided to chance it and try something. I let my head slowly descend onto Aaron's shoulder, but kept my eyes closed. He and Rossi were still wide awake. I could almost feel the small grin that appeared on his face and I got butterflies in my stomach. I heard Rossi put his book down as he started to talk to Aaron. "Bet you're happy now, aren't you?" Rossi joked, the smug look on his face evident in his words. "Oh, shut up," I heard Aaron say. It was almost too much effort to keep a smile off of my face. "Why don't you ask her out already? My God, Aaron, you've been showing those too-subtle signs for a year now. I think you might want to pluck up the courage and ask the poor girl out before she loses interest." I internally rolled my eyes. Like that would ever happen. "I would, Dave, but I just...I don't think she would want-" I cut him off by planting a soft kiss on his cheek, and laying my head back down on his shoulder. I smirked, and peered up at him. He was staring down at me with a shocked look on his face. Rossi was stifling a laugh.

I winked at him, and looked up at him through my eyelashes. "I'm free on Friday," I said softly, pulling his jacket tighter around me. As I was drifting off to sleep, I felt him lean his head against mine.