Graduation

I absolutely could not wait. This was it. I was finally graduating with my bachelors in criminology and psychology. It was about daggum time, too. I sprung up from my bed where I had taken a power nap before the big event. I went over to my closet and grabbed my dress and slipped into it. It was black, with dark sparkles and sheer straps. I grabbed my grad-attire and headed out to my car.

I turned the car on as I heard my phone go off.

PG: Hey hot mama! I have a little itsy bitsy surprise for you! Stop by before you get to the civic center! Xoxo

I smiled and headed off towards Garcia's house. I knocked on her door and was bombarded by hugs from Garcia, JJ, and Emily.

"Hey, guys! I thought you'd all be at the civic center by now," I said, smiling.

"Well," Garcia started, "we would be! Except...well...we did a thing." She looked at JJ and Emily and then back to me. I looked at her, confused.

"Penny G...what did you do?" I dreaded the answer to my question. Just then, JJ went and grabbed a bag.

"Open it!" They shouted, all squirming in their seats. I pulled out the tissue paper and pulled out a graduation cap that had been decorated with crime scene tape and white paint to look like a finger print. My initials were on it, as well as a blue and yellow bow. "This is beautiful, you guys!!! I love it so much, thank you!" I wrapped them all into a group hug.

"Guys, we really need to get going," Emily said, looking at her watch. I was going to be late if we didn't. "Where are the guys?," I asked, worried that they would be the ones to be late. "Oh, they'll be there. In fact, they should already be there," JJ said, leading us out to the cars.

I had been left alone after the girls went to find seats. I took in a nervous breath as I prayed silently that the guys would be there in time. We hadn't heard from them. I peered out of one of the windows on the doors, and saw everyone sitting there. Everyone except Aaron Hotchner. My heart sunk. I pulled out my phone to ask JJ where he was.

JJ: No idea, he should have been here by now.
Me: He told me he'd be here...

I got another text from JJ, but couldn't read it as we had been called to line up. My breath was shaky. I wanted to cry, but I wouldn't let anyone see me. You see, I've had feelings for Aaron Hotchner since the day I laid eyes on him. I felt that he was so...undiscovered. And my natural curiosity for things that were yet to be discovered had taken a turn in his direction.

Oh, what it would be like to love and be loved by the Aaron Hotchner. I loved how protective he was of his team. How he could take command and intimidate anyone with that stare of his. Yet, I also wondered what it would be like to be on the other end of his personality. His smile, so rare, saved only for me. I always saw him as the secret romantic. My heart dropped yet again, as I thought about how he wouldn't be there today to watch my big event.

I wouldn't have it. I held my head up high and started walking as the Pomp and Circumstance started playing. I kept my eyes forward, avoiding the possibility of being disappointed yet again. We all sat, and listened to the speeches. It took all my strength to not turn around to look for him. No. This was my day. Aaron or no Aaron, I would be happy. Yet that tug at my heart was still there.

My row got up and started up the stage. Everyone cheered for the person in front of me. I stepped up to the side of the stage, saying a silent prayer that I wouldn't face plant. My name was called, and I stepped forward. I shook the college president's hand, and as I looked into the cheering crowd, I saw him. My Aaron. Standing and cheering just for me. My heart leaped and my smile grew. As we threw our caps into the air, we all dispersed to find our families and friends.

As I got lost in the crowd, I also lost sight of him. I was short in stature, so it didn't help that no one else could see me as they walked by, and I got bumped into and stepped on and hit, usually in the face, by diplomas and shoulders. And then I saw Morgan. He pulled me out of the crowd and around to the outside of the building where the team was waiting. I was engulfed in hugs and "congratulations" from everyone. I smiled at each of them, and then Aaron stepped forward. The rest of the team backed up a few steps, so it was just Aaron and me. I looked up at him. He was so much taller than me, but I loved it. My head came up to his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered into my ear. "Congratulations. You look beautiful." I looked up at him, blushing immensely. "T-thank you, Aaron." He smiled and I realized how close our faces were. He must not have cared, as we were still hugging. "Would you mind if I gave you one of your graduation presents now?" He asked, looking down at me. "Not at all," I breathed, as my heart started racing at the close proximity. He leaned down, ever so slowly and gently, and put his hand on my face. I drew in a sharp breath, and felt him smile, as his lips pressed to mine. I heard the team shouting and whooping, followed by whistles from Derek. We laughed as we were kissing, as he held me close to him, and in that moment, it was pure bliss.

A/N:
Hey guys! I hope y'all liked this! It's kind of a personal one, as I'm graduating tomorrow with my associates in criminal justice! I'm so excited! I'll be going to a university next year to finish out my bachelors degree in psychology and then go on to intern and then work with the FBI's BAU! I'm stoked! Hope y'all enjoyed this, it's my first Hotch-related one shot. I just love the dude!

~A
Xx