I Hope You Dance

Will and JJ's wedding was beautiful. She had been so surprised at her mother being there. Tears swelled in my eyes as we all stood there, watching her walk down the aisle. Her dress was simple, but elegant, just like her. I had always dreamed of having a beautiful wedding. There was nothing quite like it. I had it all planned out in my head, minus the guy. Little Henry looked so cute in his little tuxedo standing between JJ and Will. I smiled and wiped a tear that had fallen.

After the ceremony, we all stepped up to congratulate them, and I pulled JJ in for a huge hug. "I am so happy for you and Will. You look so beautiful!" I exclaimed, holding her at arm's length. Will stepped up, finally breaking away from the crowd of people. "And you," I started, feigning a stern look, "if you ever hurt her, I will make your death look like an accident." He laughed, pulling JJ into his arms. "I wouldn't put it past you."

The music had started and they had shared their first dance together. Wine, champagne, and other beverages were being passed out, and I grabbed a champagne off of the table as I went to stand by Rossi. He was standing on the sidelines of the dance floor that had a tent over it. I didn't say anything when I finally got over to him, but I saw him glance at me. "Why aren't you dancing, kiddo?" He asked, taking a swig of his...well, I assumed it was scotch. "Gotta have a few drinks first, I suppose," I said, chuckling.

My eyes swept over the dance floor, until I found what I was looking for. I found it alright, but my heart dropped. Aaron had brought his girlfriend, Beth. I swallowed back the feelings that erupted within me, and drank more of my champagne. Rossi raised an eyebrow at me, and followed my gaze. "Ah," he said. I looked over at him, knowing I'd been caught. "What?" I said, pretending like I didn't know. I hadn't really admitted my feelings about Hotch, except to JJ, but I had a feeling that most of the team knew. Except maybe Reid, but the poor boy was clueless when it came to stuff like that.

"I see what you're looking at, and I wish I could help. But everything happens for a reason, you know," He said, turning to me. "I...I know...but I'm fine, Rossi, really." He gave me a look and I rolled my eyes. "I'm a big girl, I can handle it." He chuckled, and put his glass down on the table behind us, and took mine with it. "Hey, I need that," I whined. He grabbed my hand and led me onto the dance floor. "Later," he said, putting his hand around my waist, and taking my hand in his. We swayed back and forth, dangerously close to Aaron and Beth, and he spoke up. "See? This isn't so bad." I smiled softly at him. "No, but it doesn't mean that it's good, either." He knew I wasn't talking about the dancing, just as I knew he wasn't talking about it, either.

He twirled me around and I couldn't help but laugh. The song finally came to an end, just as another one began. My heart about exploded, because I immediately recognized the song. "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin. Ironically, it explained the relationship between Aaron and me perfectly. Rossi went up to Beth with a mischievous gleam in his eye. "You wouldn't mind dancing with an old man for one song, would you?" He said, as she laughed and agreed. I went to turn back to the sidelines, as I felt a hand grasp my wrist. I turned to see Aaron attached to said hand. "It appears I've lost my partner for a while. Would you care to dance?" He said, smiling down at me.

How could I resist that face? That smile that he so rarely gave out? I realized I'd been standing there, probably with my mouth hanging open, and I still hadn't said anything. "Oh, um...of course." I stammered, as he took me back onto the floor. His arm encircled my waist and his hand found mine. It fit in mine perfectly, and I couldn't even begin to describe how it made me feel. One part of me wanted to jump for joy, as I was finally so close (no pun intended) to him, but another part of me wanted to curl up in a ball and cry for the rest of eternity.

You're in my arms, and all the world is calm,

The music playing on for only two.

So close, together.