Pool Party

We had just finished off a big case, and Derek decided that he was going to throw a pool party for the whole team. It was an adults-only kind of party, though I didn't know if Derek, alcohol, and a pool would mix together very well. I got up from my chair where I was sitting and strolled over to my closet where I knew I had stashed my bathing suits somewhere. I was inwardly nervous about the whole ordeal, simply because I knew that the entire team would be there. That meant Hotch would be there, too. I wanted to impress him, but I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself.

I settled on a plain purple bikini that covered more than the rest of them, but still made my assets look great. I threw on a long tank top over it that reached mid-thighs and I put on my sandals. I headed over to Derek's house, and I was the last to arrive. I walked in the front door, and was greeted by Penelope. She gave me a huge hug and shoved a martini in my hand. I smirked at her. "How many of those have you had so far?" I asked her, grinning. "Oh, just two or three. I helped set up the party!" I laughed at her usual cheeriness as she led me out back. I walked over to JJ and Emily and put my things down on the table where they were sitting.

Derek, Spencer, Rossi, and Hotch were standing over by the deep end of the pool. It seemed that Spence and Derek had already been in, but Rossi and Hotch were still dry. My breath hitched as my eyes landed on Hotch. His eyes caught mine and I looked away, blushing. "See something you like?" JJ said, trying to hide a smirk. I rolled my eyes at her and took another sip of my drink. "Let's all go get in, it's too hot out here," Emily said, stripping her shirt and shorts off. JJ and Penelope followed suit, and I stood there a bit nervous, as all of the guys were blatantly staring at us now, and I was the last one with my shirt on.

The girls all ran and jumped into the pool, and I walked over to the guys and was greeted by Derek. "Hey hot mama, what's cookin'?" He said, pulling me in for a hug. "I thought you were doing the cooking," I said, laughing. Dave gave me a kiss on the cheek and Spence waved. I looked at Hotch, who had been staring at me the whole time. "Aren't you going to get in?" He asked, gesturing to the girls who were currently glaring at me, waiting for me to get in. I smiled and nodded. "Well, take your clothes off already," Derek exclaimed, and I laughed. Though, I'm pretty sure his comment made Hotch's entire stature change into a tense one, as his gaze drifted to me. I grabbed the bottom of my shirt and pulled it over my head and carelessly left it somewhere in the grass.

I put my foot in the pool and screeched. "It's freezing!!" I said, backing up from the pool. "Nuh uh, don't you dare back out now. I will throw you in, mama," Derek said. "You wouldn't dare..." I said, wide-eyed, while backing up away from him, not looking where I was going. "No, but I would," I heard Hotch say. I didn't have time to process what was going on before he picked me up bridal style. "AARON HOTCHNER PUT ME DOWN NOW!" I screamed, playfully hitting him in the chest. "As you wish," he said, throwing me into the pool.

When I resurfaced, I saw all of them laughing, even Hotch. I glared at him, crossing my arms in the water. "Would you at least help me back out now?" I questioned him. He laughed some more, leaning down to help me out. I pitched my legs against the side of the pool as I grabbed his wrists to pull up with. I pulled with all my strength on his arms and pushed back with my legs, making him tumble into the pool with me. When he resurfaced, his expression was such a shocked one that I couldn't help but laugh. I swear he growled before diving under water.

"Good one, mama," Derek said in between spurts of laughter, as he held his stomach. I grinned up at him and felt something brush my leg. I was lifted up by my waist from under the water and was thrown in the air. I flailed as I came back down, only to see Hotch giving me a devilish grin. I narrowed my eyes at him, and splashed him. His face immediately told me I shouldn't have done that, and before I knew it, the whole team had erupted into a splash war. Even Rossi had joined into the whole ordeal.

Hotch and I somehow ended up intertwined together, and his arms were around my waist. All splashing had ceased, and the team was staring at us. He didn't seem to notice, as he kept his gaze on me. Morgan apparently couldn't take it anymore, and started chanting "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, and I looked down, only to have my face brought back up by Hotch's hand cupping my cheek. I stopped breathing in that moment, as his lips got closer to mine. He seemed hesitant, as if he was waiting for my approval, so I closed the space between us as I brought my lips to his.

I could feel him smile against my lips, and I found myself doing the same. This was followed by Rossi's comment of "it's about time", and hoots and hollers from the rest of the team. Apparently, they'd been betting on us, as I heard Penelope tell Rossi that he owed her twenty bucks. I rolled my eyes and looked up at Hotch. He smiled down at me and pulled me closer to him. He leaned down to my ear and whispered, "I think you can call me Aaron now."