Intimidation

A/N: Hey lovelies! Two updates in one day, say whaaaaat. I have finally gotten to download the Wattpad app onto my computer (who knew?) and now I can type at Garcia speeds! Whoop! Enjoy! Video from this episode is at the top, because intimidating Hotch is hot. 😍
~A

Xx

Reid and Emily had been taken hostage by a cult that they had gone to investigate after receiving a call from a fifteen year old girl about an older man having inappropriate relations with underage girls. We had set up a tent right outside of the gates, far enough out that we wouldn't get hurt. This was getting out of hand, and we were losing leverage against them. They had already found out that one of them was an FBI agent, and Emily took the heat of it by telling them it was just her. They were in the middle of beating her for lying to them when Derek threw his headphones down and walked off.

I went to catch up with him. "Hey, she's strong. She'll get through this, okay?" I put my hand on his arm, and he jerked away. "How can you tell me that she's gonna be okay, huh? How do you know that!" His response made me take a step back. I knew he was worried, but it still made tears prick at my eyes. I quickly blinked them away and turned my head from him. "Baby girl....I'm sorry..." he said, coming over and wrapping me in a hug. "It's fine, Derek...really," I told him, burying my head in his shoulder. I was glad to have him around, he was like an older, very protective, brother. "Derek. You're squishing me," I said, pulling back. He chuckled and let go of me. I turned to look at him, "We'll get them back. We'll get through this, okay?" He smiled and walked back to Hotch and Rossi.

Just then, the state Attorney General pulled up and I inwardly sighed. This can't be good. He stalked over to where I was standing. "What in the hell is going on here?" He demanded, practically yelling in my face. "We received a call, and we're taking care of it," I said, calmly. I hated this kind of confrontation, it just about brought on an anxiety attack. Thankfully, I had never actually had one, but I had been on the verge a few times. "I can see that." He yelled, walking over to where the equipment was set up. If he decided to mess with anything or make any rash decisions, we'd all be in for mess. "Sir, you can't go over there, this is a federal investigation, and I'm under strict orders from my unit chief," I said, practically bounding after him. "I don't give a damn about your orders, little girl. Who the hell do you think you are?" He growled, backing me relentlessly into the corner of the tent. "I'm the Attorney General of this state, and I demand to know why I wasn't told the FBI was bringing undercover agents into my jurisdiction!"

I really wanted to slap the dude now, but I probably looked like I was about to cry. See, one thing I hated about myself was that when I got really pissed off, I cried. Don't ask me why. Now, I was silently praying that the tears that were threatening to surface would hold off for a while longer. Not only was I below this man in position, but I was also a woman. I continuously had to prove myself in situations like this. I also despise getting yelled at. I don't care if you are angry with me, if you are pointing out my faults, reprimanding me, whatever, just do not yell at me. I heard a voice come from behind the General. "The only thing that you're in a position to command is a lawyer." I averted my eyes from the General to see Hotch coming to my rescue. "Who the hell are you?" the General questioned.

Oh dear Lord, here we go. He just questioned Hotch. "I'm Aaron Hotchner, Unit Chief. I'm the guy who's gonna tell the Attorney General of the United States whether to charge you with obstructing a federal investigation or negligent homicide." Oh. Well, then. He wasn't even talking to me, and I felt my knees go weak, for more reasons than one. "And," Hotch continued, "don't you ever talk to my agent like that again, much less a lady. She is one of the best agents we have, and you are in no position to talk to her like that, do I make myself clear?" My heart melted. He had come to my rescue. "You can't talk to me like that," he countered. This guy just wasn't getting the picture. Clearly, he had no idea who he was dealing with. Hotch got in his face, staring him down. "Get off my crime scene," Hotch growled.

The scene that played out in front of me was nothing compared to the look Hotch was giving this guy. I almost felt bad for him, but, then again, he did yell at me, and called me 'little girl'. The guy backed down after figuring out that Hotch wasn't going to. He went and got into his car and drove off. Hotch came over to me, where I was still planted firmly into the ground. "Are you okay?" Hotch asked, putting his hand on my upper arm. I was zoned out, but broke from my reverie at his touch. "Yeah...I'm fine, Hotch." My voice waivered, telling him otherwise. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Really, Hotch. I'm fine. I just-" "Don't like getting yelled at," he finished for me, "I know."

I gave him a look of confusion. "How'd ya know?" I asked, not really thinking that he'd answer, and not particularly needing an answer, either. "Your body language," he started, "When he raised his voice, your breathing increased, and you took small steps back. When he didn't relent, you stared him straight in the face, hoping he would. Though you didn't directly show it, you wanted to cry, but you didn't want him to think of you as weak," he stated, like it was the most boring conversation in the world. I blinked a couple of times. "Do you?" I asked quietly, looking at the ground. "Do I what?" He asked, stepping closer to me. "Think I'm weak..." I said, my voice trailing off, and I chanced glancing up at him. "Of course not. Why would I? You prove yourself every day on this team, and not once have you let us down. I have no reason to think you're weak. You cry when you're mad. Some people do. It's just a natural reflex. I know you can handle yourself, I just don't like people talking to you like that." His voice was low and soft, as if he was afraid talking too loudly would break me. I smiled up at him, softly. "Thanks, Hotch," I said, putting my hand on his arm. "Of course," he said, and gave me one of his rare small smiles, as he walked back to Rossi. I took in a deep breath.

Now, it was time to help save Reid and Emily.