Chapter 22 - The Race

~Chapter 22 – The Race~

 »«»«»«

Ok so I was a little more freaked out about today’s event, as I knew we all had a free period in the morning and not only that it was the weekend tomorrow. Moreover, I needed new clothing as my old ones were not fitting me no more, I don’t know whether to be happy or not.

Therefore, I was dressed in my lovely running gear, no not the cookie hoodie which reminds me I probably left it back home, and I needed it as it gave me comfort. However, this time I had my three quarter tracks with my now oversized t-shirt, which did a good job at hiding my size pretty well. I tied my hair back with a band and carried my school uniform in my bag.

I went downstairs slowly, I didn’t see the boys and I breathed a sigh of relief from last night’s problems to now, I didn’t need it. I needed to focus on not being an idiot. This is hard considering I was a fat idiot, and I need serious management with my anger issues.

I got a free ride with the butler today, no need to even ask him. Which surprised me as I thought he hated me, turns out from one of the maids I crossed, he likes me. I reminded him of his wife. Which I don’t know I should be flattered by or grossed out, that I now look very old and wrinkly that old men like me now, It was a hard decision so I took the flattered as my final thought.

However, once I was there, I saw how empty it was. For now that meant people were in class, and some were hanging somewhere enjoying some sun. Yes for once it was a sunny day, but I felt hot already in my oversized t-shirt. I was wearing and I didn’t even want to take it off. Nevertheless, I knew I will die if I didn’t, so I had a problem. I walked around to the track field, to see no one was here yet. I glanced down at my watch to see I was a bit too early about 45 mins more extra, so I went to the start line did my stretches and sat down.

No soul was here besides me, it felt eerie and I didn’t know what to do. So I looked at my phone and thought about calling my mother. I think it was about time to give me answers. Suddenly I was feeling nervous, if I fail, this not only was I making a fool of myself. But I was going to regret it, I know for sure. Moreover, I couldn’t back out now, stupid brain I knew I should have forgotten the idea I had a race, and gave them an excuse of being ill.

“Hey!” I heard and a slap on my back I winced and looked at Anthea

“Hello.” I replied rubbing my shoulders, it really hurt.

“I guess they’re not here yet.” I hear the suspicious tone in Anthea’s voice. “You think that punch you delivered yesterday made her run away?”

“Oh please don’t mention that.” I groaned it was my fault anyways. “I hope she does come, I just want to get this over with.”

“Yeah, even though, that was some bad ass punch you delivered.” Anthea started to giggle and I couldn’t help but laugh.

We kept on laughing; until we heard some footsteps. And I noticed not only Anthea was tearing up, but a pair of Reeboks coming towards us.

“Here it goes, lift me up.” I replied as I stretched my hands out so Anthea pulled me up, I rubbed off excess dust and look towards the mini group.

I noticed, among them was Mason and not even Jethro, I know I shouldn’t worry about it but it made me feel sad for some reason. After all, I was doing this race for him. Which irritated me in a way, I mean I hated the fact I was doing something for someone I barely knew?

“You ready” I asked the girl who had a pretty band aid on her nose which was bruised nicely

“You bet freak” She growled I was getting used to the swearing, so I shrugged my shoulders and we both moved to the starter line.