Chapter 9

Brock's/Moo's/Early Bird's POV

       The fight has been going on for a while now. I managed to knock the man with green eyes out, but the others still remain and I'm not in tip-top shape at the moment. I wipe the blood that's flowing from my lip and glare at the men darkly. "Getting tired, Early Bird? Why don't you just give yourself up? We promise we won't hurt your little boyfriend if you do." The silver-eyed man says as he approaches me. I clench my fist as he gets closer, getting prepared to punch. Just as I swing, a gush of air knocks me back into the wall.
       I hiss in pain and hit the ground with a loud thud. "Well would ya look at that, Daniel. I think he is tired." The blue-eyed man laughs, walking over to the silver-eyed man with a smile. The four men hover over me as I sit there, weak and defenseless. I turn my head to look at Brian to see fear practically written on his forehead. I give him a weak smile before I'm lifted off of the ground by the collar of my shirt.
The blue-eyed man brings his fist back to punch me, but the sound of the door swinging open grabs everyone's attention. Marcel's body smashes against the blue-eyed man, making him release me. I fall, but Brian catches me before I hit the ground. All of my friends come rushing into the room one-by-one, fighting who's left of the intruders. How'd the guys get here? How'd they know to come here? I look up at Brian, and he looks at me with a grin. He lifts up his phone to reveal a few text messages between him and Craig. I squint my eyes to read it and give him another weak smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brian: Craig! I need you to get in touch with Wildcat right fucking now!

Craig: Ok. What's going on?

Brian: Starbucks is being hit up!

Craig: Can't the police handle that?

Brian: They have super powers, Craig!

Craig: Oh shit! Hold on! Don't worry! The BBS will be there soon!

Brian: Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian's/Terrorizer's POV

I sit cross-legged on the floor, holding Brock close to my chest as we watch the BBS fight the five super villains. I pry my eyes from the fight and look down at Brock. He's a mess... This is my fault. I did this to him. I told those fucks who he is. I fucked up. Now Brock is sitting in my lap, bloodied and bruised. I'm sorry, Early Bird... I'm sorry, Brock...
"We'll be back for you, Early Bird!!!" One of the villains exclaims, tearing me away from my thoughts. I turn my head in the direction of the voice to see that the men are retreating. I sigh in relief as the men leave the building.
       Night Owl and the rest of the BBS all walk over to us, looking at Brock with worry. "Why were they targeting him?" Night Owl asks me, referring to Brock. I look him dead in the eye through the eye holes of his mask. "Because they know who he really is." I answer, making all of their eyes widen in shock. "W-What?" Nogla questions in disbelief, taking a step forward. I simply nod and stand up with Brock still in my arms.
       "Don't question him about it. Just take him back to wherever you guys stay and fix him up. He's had a rough day." I say, passing Brock over to Wildcat. "And Wildcat, tell Craig I said thanks." I say as I hand him my little birdie. "Okay." Wildcat states with a nod and a smile. With that, they all took off, leaving me to deal with all of the people in Starbucks.
       They all look at me with curiosity as I stand there awkwardly. "Alright, all of you need to pretend today never existed. If any of you say anything to anyone about who Early Bird is, I will personally hunt you down and take care of you myself." I announce to the crowd, earning nods from all around the room.
       I walk over to Brock's manager and stare into her eyes. "I don't want you, or any of your employees looking at Brock any differently than you already do." I order. "O-Okay." Her British accent quivers. I nod at her and look at the rest of the people in the room. "Now... Go on with the rest of your day like nothing ever happened!" I demand before leaving the coffee shop. I sigh, stuffing my hands in my pockets and walking down the sidewalk with my head hanging low in disappointment. I'm sorry I put you in danger, Brock.

They've been saved!!! Yay! Thanks for reading. Buh Bai!!!!