Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Sabrina, why don't you come with me to the cafeteria? I haven't eaten all day," mom made a show of rubbing her stomach like a small child would. I hopped off the bed, getting the signal she wanted to talk.

"We'll be back," I called over my shoulder, Liam shooting me a desperate "please don't leave me" look and my father waving, smiling mischievously. Good luck honey...

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"And he's sooo handsome," mom hummed around her salad. I made a face when a piece of lettuce flew out her mouth. "Is his dad, ya know?" She wiggled her eyebrows, that little question asking nearly a dozen.

"He's married, just like you mom," I snorted, licking the remaining yogurt off my spoon. Yum.

"I know, I know," she mumbled, pushing her plastic bowl away from her and taking a sip from her water bottle. "Your father would kill me before he divorced me."

"Mom!" I shrieked in a hushed voice, mindful of the other people in the hospital cafe, "you want to divorce dad?"

"God no, but I can still look," she sniffed. "I haven't got any since your father got sick."

I pretended to gag. "This isn't a normal mother-daughter conversation."

"Hey, I didn't judge your relationship, therefore you have to listen to your mother's struggles. Last week I bought this toy-"

"Mom!"

"What?" She giggled, rolling her eyes, "I was talking about for the kitchen. It's a panini maker and its amazing since your father can't eat all those greasy foods yeah? So I just slap some cheese and meat on wheat bread and bam, lunch."

I snorted, "mom, what about vegetables? He needs greens to keep his iron up since he'll be doing chemo again."

"Hey, I'm out of practice here," she pouted. "I'll get it together though. Just give me a week and I'll be bugging him about stuff like shots and therapy appointments."

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"Sooo...?" I giggled after Liam tuck a slow, experimental lick. He shrugged.

"It's alright," he murmured nonchalantly and licked a drop of ice cream that was sliding down the waffle cone. "I'm not really a fan of strawberries."

I narrowed my eyes, watching his facial expressions before he finally broke barren and grinned teasingly. "Fine, I like it."

I grinned victoriously and dug out a spoon full of strawberry cheesecake ice cream and shoveled it in my mouth. "I knew you would love it!" I mumbled around a mouthful, earning a disdainful look from Liam.

Yet he was the one who insisted on eating ice cream in a waffle cone. Yuck.

We were currently at Ben and Jerry's, stuffing our faces with their yummy ice cream. My mom and I returned to the room to find my father and Liam bonding over football, their laughs booming loud. We left after my father went to sleep and my mom decided to take a nap until he woke up.

"What else is there to do?" Liam hummed, licking his ice cream in short laps.

"There's a park with a duck pond," I said thoughtfully. "But I don't know if the ducks are around this time of year." Liam shrugged.

"That's fine. I just want to relax. I don't really get that much time outside because of work."

"Lemme finish my ice cream," I chirped. He nodded in agreement and we ate in silence before leaving the shop with stomachs full of sweetness.

"We can just walk there," I informed him as I grabbed his hand. He nodded and grinned down at me.

"You're different around your parents," he murmured.

I frowned, confused. "How?"

"You're more...happy? No. Not that. Hyper maybe?" He mused, trying to find the right word. "Either way, it's endearing."

I blushed. "Thanks, I guess."

"Do you miss them?" He asked.

"All the time," I sighed, frowning at the cracked pavement.

"If you ever decide you want to move closer to them, I'll be there right beside you just so you know. I'll follow you anywhere Sabrina," he said firmly, staring off a head of him.

"We're here," I said softly, smiling when I saw the ducklings following their mama in the pond, their little feathered tails wiggling around. "And I will never move back down here."

Liam frowned as I led us to a empty bench, away from the BBQ party happening by one of the park's grills.

"Why not?"

I shook my head, crossing my legs and leaning against his side, Liam throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Too many memories, and its a small town. I'll be bored before the ink dried on the house deed," I wrinkled my nose.

"Aren't memories suppose to be good?" Liam chuckled, kissing me on the top of my head.

I shrugged. "They are. But I like Chicago. It's big and loud, and unpredictable."

"Like you?" Liam teased. I pouted.

"I'm not big or loud, that's you," I huffed.

"Ouch baby, did you just call me fat?" Liam chuckled.

"Sabrina? Sabrina Welsh?" I heard someone call behind us. I pulled away from Liam to look over my shoulder and beamed when I saw who it was

But then my smile fell.

Luke Driskell was jogging towards us looking as cute as he did when we were in high school. He was a good friend before we went out our junior year and stayed strong until senior prom. The butterflies and zing had demolished by then and we broke up with mutual feelings. I lost touch with him when we graduated. Last I heard he started working at his Uncle's garage, fulfilling his dream of being a mechanic.

I was happy to see him but I wasn't so sure Liam would be. To me, Luke was just a good friend I was a fond of.

But to Liam he will be the boy who took my virginity.

A/N: was this boring? i was bored writing it so i dunno. promise the next update shall be fabu. and follow me on twitter. im starting to like it. @thatwriterNina i follow back

Honest Hour: i cant read this story cx i cringed the whole time i was looking for that author's note cuzz whenever i see a mistake or misspelled word i have a mini heart attack. its terrible.

And yeah, I like cliffhangers. perfect way to end a chapter c;