Fluff: The Turtle and the Moon.

“Yeah road trip with the Hale’s!” Meg exclaimed from her position on the passenger seat beside Derek “Can I get a Haaale yes?”

“No.” Derek responded bluntly, she shot him a flat look. Derek gave her a quick glance from the corner of his eyes before looking to the stretch of road in front of them. Meg twisted her upper body around to face Cora who sat quietly in the back seat.

“So tell me Hale junior, was there a time when Grumpy Growls wasn’t grumpy?” She wondered, Cora smirked and Derek tensed.

“Well there was a time when he was a cocky asshole.” She responded glancing at her brother through her rear view mirror.

“Not much has changed then has it?” Meg snickered. Derek rolled his eyes shot the two females a glare.

“I am so glad Ariel has her own car.” He grumbled.

“Oh why is that?” Meg asked turning to him with her amber eyes shining in question.

“Dealing with the both of you at the same time on a stretch of road will most likely lead to a car crash.”

“If you are such a nervous driver maybe I should drive?” She suggested hopefully, completely ignoring the insinuation of his jest. They were currently on the way to meet up with Ariel near her apartment.

“I knew you were going to ask me that at some point, the answer is still no.” He retorted and Meg pouted instantly.

“Oh come on! Just this once, I promise I won’t hit anything this time.” She begged gripping at the arm rest; Cora was suddenly alert from the words that left Meg’s lips.

“You let her drive the car? You never even let me touch your bike.” The outraged younger Hale expressed. Meg grew silent glancing between the two while grinning awkwardly.

“I sense unresolved issues. Don’t worry Cora me dear, I will let you drive my car.” Meg promised sending the girl a wink for added effect. Cora was doubtful and leaned back into the leather seat while staring at Megra.

“You have a car?”

“Well, not yet but somewhere in the near future. I am thinking about getting a Chevy myself.”  Meg informed them, rather proud of herself. Derek abruptly let out a sharp blow of air in a mocking act, Meg narrowed her eyes at him and he smirked slyly.

“Did you just snort? I will get a car okay then I won’t have to rely on you.” She harrumphed glaring at him, he rolled his eyes.

“Okay.”

“You will see, you will all see—oh look a poster for the new Thor movie isn’t Loki just gorgeous?” Meg was swiftly pressing her face up against the glass of her side of the window, Cora dead-panned.

“You are right, she is easily distracted.” She muttered to her brother, Derek could only shrug in response.

''''''''''''''''''''''

Meg’s eyes widened in awe the moment she entered the motel room. It was a simple room with a double bed in the middle that took most of the space. The bed cover was a pastel blue and forest green with large dappled sienna coloured circles pattered across it.  The walls were a plain white with one framed picture of a random view hanging above the headboard of the bed. Adjacent to the bed was a wooden desk with a flat screen TV on top of it. But what caught Meg’s eye the most was the view through the window, of the wall facing the window.

“This place is awesome, look at this view!” Meg exclaimed, rushing to the window and peering outside with twinkling eyes. The dark cyan mountains of Medford were prominent against the pink blush skies of twilight.