Chapter 8: PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

OH such a lovely mood I am in, I am getting followers left and right...maybe I shoul find this suspicious Hmmmm =.= I hope no one posted any embarassing pictures of me that I have intrigued people to follow me. WELL none the less I am not complaining, so here is a new chapter, updated early as a thanks ^^. ENJOY =)

SSC

Isaac was in kitchen feeling dreary that morning; it’s been nearly a week since Meg had started living at her grandmother’s house, to keep up appearances now that her aunt was here and Derek has been extremely silent ever since she left, Isaac began to wonder if he wasn’t the only one affected by Meg’s absence.

Sighing Isaac opened the fridge door to instantly grimace at the sight of Chinese food containers, he groaned and shut the door before staring at the blank white fridge door. He was sick of fast food; he wanted to eat something cooked for him by able hands and with lots of spices.

Unfortunately Derek has never seemed to have heard of a “spice rack” before so Isaac opted for the jars of peanut butter and jam he had bought on his way home yesterday. He grabbed a plate, the plastic bagged loaf of bread, the two jars and a butter knife before laying them out on the kitchen table.

Suddenly the iron wheels of the large door creaked rolled grabbing his attention, startled Isaac looked up to find Meg pushing the door open with minimum effort. He stared at her in surprise; she was yet to notice him. She was wearing a simple band tee and a pair of jeans with yellow straps of her school bag curved over both her shoulders. Isaac noticed the way her dark brows were furrowed in thought as she pushed the door and stepped in to the house.

Abruptly she glanced up and her amber gaze fell on Isaac who stared at her, instantly her swirling orbs lit up and a bright smile stretched across her face—all of that just at the sight of him, Isaac felt overwhelmed and special.

“Morning!” She greeted standing in front of the half open door, Isaac smirked—abandoned his half ready sandwich—and made his way to her. “Miss me?” She asked looking up at him.

“No not really.” His answered made her smile drop.

“Humph fine I’ll just go back to—“ Meg tried to leave but Isaac chuckled and grasped her by the elbow before pulling her back into the house, she stumbled in and Isaac shut the door for her. Meg wanted to retort at the man handling but she was quick to notice the lack of the male she was so eager to see, her gaze fell to his bed, it was primly made. 

“Where is our fearless leader?” She asked turning to face Isaac who stood behind her, Isaac watched her with his intense blue eyes as if trying to read her, Meg grew nervous, she hoped he didn’t see what a crabby mood she was in when she came into house. 

“He is with Jackson somewhere in the forest, teaching him the basics on werewolf-ing.” He noted, her heart fell for a moment, she had wanted to surprise him but with her aunt constantly hounding her and lack of sleep Meg had woken up late and Derek had already left. At the tingling sensation of Isaac’s unwavering stare, Meg pushed herself not to let her disappointment show and avert the subject.

“Oh cool, so what’s for breakfast?” She asked in feigned merriment, Isaac didn’t seem to notice and she was relieved.

“I thought you would eat at your Gran’s place.”Isaac mused before turning to walk into the kitchen, Meg trailed after him.

“Yeah there isn’t anything in the fridge plus I missed the company.” She answered with a simple shrug, the corners of his lips curved upwards in a smile which Meg couldn’t see since his back was to her.