Chapter 5: Un-lady like thoughts.

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” 

― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones

Megra was feeling particularly jolly that afternoon, well more than usual. Stiles and Scott was coming over for a visit, mainly because Meg wouldn’t stop blabbing about their new place not to mention her constant insistency for them to drop by. Conveniently Isaac had practice afterschool and Stiles so generously offered to drop him home and of course Scott being Stiles’s partner in crime would most probably join—anything to get his mind off Allison.

“Are you going to summon them with your mind?” Meg hadn’t realised how long she had been staring at the door until Derek had to stand in front of her to block out the view of the entrance.

“If only, I wish telekinesis was part of the list of powers we inherit with lycanthrope.”

They were in the middle of a training session; she wore her usual dark-blue tights and a large black shirt over it with her spiralling long ebony hair held up in tight bun over her head. Sweat beads trickled down the nape of her neck from the exertions of sparing with Derek, usually she was a lot more exhausted but at the anticipation of her friend’s arrival left her distracted…more than usual and of course—being his keen self—Derek noticed.

“Focus Meg.” He instructed softly and she smiled sheepishly and nodded before taking a stance. Today was hand to hand combat like it was most days, right after an hour of cardio, which she didn’t understand, fighting was just as much cardio as doing sit ups right? But right now they were taking it pretty easy, mainly because they were waiting for Isaac to show up.

Meg attacked aiming a punch to his abdomen which Derek squatted away with ease and so began the fierce dance where Meg tried every possible attempt to land a blow on to him which Derek deflected effortlessly.

 “Why aren’t you excited?” She asked breathlessly dodging a swing to the head before straightening up and a directing a kick towards his chest. He stealthily grabbed hold of her sneakered foot in front of his chest and held it there before regarding her with his pale eyes.

He pushed roughly to test her balance; Meg was quick and found stability promptly before attacking him again “When have you ever seen me excited?” He retorted while avoiding the swipe of her claws.

He reached out speedily and grabbed her by the wrists before pulling her towards him, Meg didn’t struggle and allowed him to pull her towards his broad body “But then why did you say yes if you don’t want to see them?”

She asked distracting him with the question Meg planted the soles of her shoes on his thighs and pushed off. Derek stared in vague awe, when she flipped in the air before landing on her feet with cat like reflexes, facing him.

He remembered when she had first tried to attempt that move, how many times she had landed face first on to the floor or twisted her leg in an ugly angle, but she never gave up and now, Derek was convinced she could get out of any sort of choke hold or rough grip.

He patted away at the dirt shoe prints she had left on the surface of his pants before turning away to pick up his towel off the floor; the sweat was starting to sting his eyes. “It’s not that I don’t want to, you really wanted to.” He answered simply with a casual shrug of his shoulders.

“AWWW” Meg shrieked ecstatically and his shoulders flinched in response, soon the heavy quick padding of shoes against hard wood followed before Meg launched her body onto his back. Derek grunted from the sudden weight on his back when she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and clung to him. He resisted the urge to smile but instead rolled his eyes at her antics as Meg rubbed her face into his back lovingly.