Death Of A Friend: Part 1

This part of the story is in relation to the events after Erica's death, I altered the timming a little incase anyone gets confused. I felt like Erica really did deserve part in which to show how much her death really meant to her friends, well in this case. Meg. 

xxx

SSC

“How is she doing?” Scott asked after he approached Isaac at the gym locker room. Isaac was mid closing the door of his steel locker when McCall came over with Stiles by his side.

“Not well, considering I hadn’t seen her ever since she shut herself in her room.” He answered.

“Isaac that was two days ago!” Scott exclaimed, shock written on his face, Isaac nodded solemnly. Body stood beside the blonde, his slumping posture revealing how worn down and tired he really was from the months of being held hostage, losing a friend and almost killing two innocent children.

“This was going to be harder on Meg; they were really close, even though Erica would never admit it.” Boyd added, Stiles sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“What has Derek got to say about all this?”

“He hasn’t spoken much lately either; things are really tense at home.” Isaac replied as the air around them grew thick with hopelessness

She stared up at her ceiling with vacant look in her eyes; her legs were stretched out vertically on the wall at the head of her bed in an L shape. Her arms lay over her flat stomach that growled in protest of the meals she had been neglecting it for the past few days.

Two days, it’s been two days since.

She could not admit it to herself when she just still trying to process the information, the absence in her life, the heavy weight in her heart.

“Meg you need to open the door.” Derek had insisted a few hours ago from outside her room. She couldn’t answer, not when she had spent all her energy into crying and now she was dry throated, chapped lipped and languor.

“Meg.” His deep voice resonated in her mind, part of her wanted to force her being out of the bed and drag her body to the door just to open it and smile at him, just one smile to assure him but she was sick of pretending that everything was okay, considering her friends were doing such a great job at it.

Her hands fisted her shirt, her stare narrowing at the ceiling as that familiar rage began to rise. She was seething, at her friends, the people responsible and most of all…at the iniquitous situation.

Her stomach growled again and she sighed, she needed to eat if she was going to put her plan into motion she had to have energy, even if the thought of passing food through her lips made her physically ill. Reluctantly she swung her legs over the side of the bed and planted her feet on the floor, the familiar sensation of pins and needles made her flinch so she didn’t force herself.

Eventually Meg managed to stand up, even though it was shaky at first and she felt a trifle dizzy, with her gaze fixated on the door she took slow steps forward. She exited her room and began to quietly make her way down the iron spiral staircase, darkness surrounded her and she began to wander what time it was.

Probably late.

She concluded at the lack of the presence of her flat mates, Isaac and Derek was probably sleeping, she didn’t want to wake them. Her bare feet touched the cool wooden floors; she glanced at the corner where Derek’s bed was she could see his dark silhouette stretched over the mattress. She stood there staring for a moment, longing making her heart feel heavy. It would be so easy just to fall into his arms.