Chapter 11: Birthday Envy's

Saturday April 27th

“Maybe we are looking in the wrong places.” Isaac words caught Meg’s attention, they were currently at the flat, with a map placed out on the large table with various markings on it—where they’ve been and where they think the rest of their pack might be—the lack of clues was really starting to hinder their optimism.

“What do you mean?” She asked turning her profile to face him, giving him her undivided attention.

“I mean we are just operating on the theory that they ran to find another pack, what if it was the Alpha pack that took them?” Isaac’s presumption made her tense, just at the thought of her friends being in danger made her mind draw all sorts of terrifying conclusions, swallowing her fear she lifted her chin.

“But wouldn’t they have left some kind of sign or something to let us know they have them?” She retorted Isaac’s blue eyes darkened.

“Maybe they don’t want us to find them.”

“So what are you suggesting?” at her question Isaac averted his gaze to the map in front of them.

“Well their tracks lead to the city side” He pointed out while trailing the marks with the tip of his finger, Meg’s stare followed till his finger stopped somewhere near the city “why don’t we check there?”

“Oh dude what a great idea, slight problem though, we don’t exactly have a ride, Derek is kinda busy at the moment.”

“Well there is Stiles and Scott—“

“No, they must be enjoying their summer.” Meg interrupted a little too hastily, not that she didn’t enjoy spending time with her two best friends but today was a day she avoided them like the plague.

“Oh yeah they are totally busy, Stiles with his video games and Scott with his poetry writing.” The male muttered sarcastically, she blinked in surprise.

“Scott writes poetry?” she murmured in wonderment, Isaac dead-panned.

“I was joking, it’s a hint directed at the fact that Alyson broke up with him.”

“Oh right, Alyson.” Isaac saw the way her usual bright auburn eyes suddenly darkened to a look of resentment, which is most unlike her but Meg had changed a lot since the Kanima incident, her opinion on people had changed.

“You are still not over that are you?” He asked, Meg looked to him her features softening like sky after a storm.

“Dude, she stabbed us multiple times, tried to kill Derek and not to mention she assisted in Erica and Boyd’s kidnapping, now hate is a strong word but my urge to kick her ass is stronger.” He grinned wolfishly at her words, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back slightly which amusement lighting up his blue eyes at the sight of her feisty form.

“I wanna get front row seats for that, quality entertainment.”

“Ha-ha.” She drawled out the words with much derision intended.

“We could always jack a car?” He suggested, Meg bit her lip in uncertainty.

“Yeah but can we return it like right after, it wouldn’t be nice otherwise right?”

“I don’t think you understand the concept of stealing a car.”

“Yeah but I really don’t want that to hang over my head you know… do werewolves have their own separate heaven?” She wondered and Isaac simply stared, it was fascinating how quickly she could jump from one topic to the other without so much as a pause, he found it adorable. Isaac immediately shook his head avoid awing at her too long, not that anyone was around to point that out, Meg was clearly oblivious.