Chapter 17: When The Storm Clears...

Ariel hated driving, especially when it was through heavy storms currently like the one she was driving through right now. Meg sat on the passenger seat beside her, her face practically plastered to the window, watching the heavy rain and winds that threatened to blow them away. It was Meg’s idea to take a route through the woods to get to Beacon Hill’s faster and avoid the outgoing traffic and Ariel was regretting the moment she agreed.

“Are you seeing this?” She exclaimed in awe, Ariel glared.

“Pretty stupid question don’t you think considering I am driving through it.” Meg deadpanned at the alpha’s snappy tone and leaned back against her seat.

“You know you are starting to sound a lot like Stiles.” She reminded and Ariel narrowed her eyes at the beta, Meg smiled all knowingly but then her smile fell the moment she recognized a vehicle in the distance.

 “Speaking of, isn’t that his car?” Ariel immediately pressed down on the brakes, sending the unsuspecting beta flying forward.

Ariel glared down at her ringing cell phone on her bed, Meg was sitting on the single bed beside Ariel’s bed, glancing frantically between the alpha and her cellular device.

“Aren’t you going to get that?” She mused.

“I shouldn’t.” Ariel spoke through gritted teeth.

“Is it Derek?” She asked in full alertness, Ariel shook her head.

“No...It’s Ethan.” Deciding against her better judgment, she picked up the phone.

“I saw you take your car, you are not as stealthy as you think.”  Ethan spoke, her frown deepened.

“Neither were you when you stabbed me in the back.”

“Hey Kali did the stabbing I did—“

“Nothing, per usual” she cut in taking a deep breath calm herself “What do you want Ethan?” She demanded cruelly.

He sighed and fell silent for a moment “I—we want you back Ariel.”

“You have got to be kidding me; did Deucalion put you up to this?”

“NO-no... things are so wrong, Aiden nearly pulled off that Cora chick’s head yesterday, he is more torn up than you think.” Ariel scoffed at his words and rolled her eyes.

“Well you can fuse together and be one fortified muscle man can’t you?” Her snarky comment didn’t rub off on him the best way, she would hear in the way he was taking deep jagged breaths.

“You did this all for him, didn’t you? For that Stilinski kid” He hissed through gritted teeth.

“No, I can differentiate between what’s right and wrong, you could too except you two clearly lack the balls.” She snapped while pacing the room. Meg watched her with wide bewildered eyes.

Is she having a phone fight? Meg pondered listening in on the whole conversation.

“You want to talk about right and wrong? How about how wrong it is for you to put so much faith into a boy that doesn’t give a shit about you—I saw him kissing that Lydia girl.”

Ariel tensed at the words he uttered, she froze.

“You are lying.” She murmured in anger, masking her uncertainty.

“You are the great one at deducting, you be the judge.” Was the last she heard from him before he hung up the phone. In a fit of rage she wanted to throw the blasted phone against the wall but she reminded herself she was more composed than that and carefully tucked the phone back into her pocket.