Chapter 15

"I couldn't stay away 

There's no turning 

I couldn't fight it. 

There's no going back"

Chapter 15

I slowly followed Cole out, we walked to the Science block and made our way behind it, out of sight.

I leant against the wall and watched Cole as he tries to calm himself down, he was pacing around, his hands clenched into fists and I was anticipating the blow.

Like I said, it was a pattern.

"Who was that?" He asked, his voice laced with venom.

"His new at school. Uh... Mr Robson asked me to show him around the school." I said carefully. 

"Your lying." He shouted before punching me in the side, the same side he had punched the night before.

I didn't scream in pain, that always made it worse, and I wouldn't want to bring attention to where we were.

"That's never happened before." He said a little more calmly.

I was breathing hard, trying to think about something other then the pain that was shooting up my side.

Oh look a pretty bird, I thought, as I noticed a blue bird flying freely, oh how I wanted to be free, I was jabbed out of my thoughts as Cole pushed me hard against the wall, I hit my head and groaned but he grabbed my chin roughly and forced me to look at him.

"Are you going to answer?!"

"Yeah I know, but apparently his like an international surfer who is hiding from the press and I was the unlucky one who was asked to take him around." I replied quickly.

"Why didn't you just say no?" He asked, surprisingly managing to keep his cool, usually it took him awhile to cool off.

"I tried, but I couldn't. Mr Robson said I had to for credits.", I looked at Cole who was slowly nodding.

He took a step towards me and wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer to him. I winced in pain as he tightened his grip around my waist.

"You wouldn't leave me for him?" He asked sadly.

"No, I would never leave you." I replied, meaning every word.

I couldn't leave him.

I was in too deep.

Besides, he had threatened to kill me if I ever left, if I ever walked away.

He pulled away from me, lifting up my top to reveal my bruised sides, the once blue mark was turning into a dark purple and red, he gently traced it with his fingers, being careful not to hurt me.

He bent down and kissed the bruises, the spot where he kissed heated instantly.

"I'm so sorry." He murmured before bringing his lips to mine and kissing me gently.

"Its okay." I said, giving him a small smile.

"How about we go have some lunch?" I asked.

He was going to say something but then stopped. He forced a smile and led me back.

Before we walked into the cafeteria he turned to me and said, "I'll be watching you Scarlett."

I nodded in response and he kissed me quick on the lips.

"On second thought, I'm going somewhere, see you in gym." He said turning around and walking off.

I let out a breath, that I didn't even know I was holding.