Chapter 7

****

“You’re the only one that I want.”

*****

Chapter 7

Bang

Bang

Bang

Some one was at the door and banging to their hearts content, I looked at the bedside table and it read four am. Who could it be at this time?

Cole shuffled next to me; I was still snuggled up to him.

“Is there someone at the door?” he said sleepily.

“It would seem that way.” I replied, trying to block out the banging because it was making my head sore.

“Scarlett open the damn door!” someone slurred from downstairs. I got up slowly, knowing it was Kylie, I completely forgot that she was staying over. Cole stopped me from getting up, he got up off the bed, planting a kiss on my forehead.

“I’ll do it.” He said. Pulling on his jeans and heading out the door, God my boyfriend was hot.

I fell back into my pillow, ready to doze off again.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” Kylie screeched.

I shot up, what now? I didn’t know she would react like this. I got out of bed as fast as I could, I could hear Cole talking to her in a calm quite voice but I couldn’t make out what he was saying, as for Kylie she was hysterical, she was swearing, and shouting and generally acting like someone urinated in her favourite Gucci bag.

I rushed down stairs, lingering on the step only to hear Kylie say, “You watch me.”

“Scarlett!” she shouted.

“I’m here.” I said from the steps, Cole turned to face me, his facial expression blank.

“There’s something I have to tell you.” She slurred, walking over to me.

She put her arm on my shoulder, to steady herself, she took in a deep breath and let it out, I smelt the alcohol on her breathe, she was seriously trashed.

Cole just stood there and stared at her like she was absolutely crazy.

I must admit that I was curious, this feud of theirs had just gotten way out of hand these past few months and I seriously wanted it resolved, I would hate to have to choose between them. I wouldn’t want to lose either of them.

“Well...” she began, “Turns out your perfect little boyfriend isn’t so perfect after all.”

I looked at Cole, trying to figure out just what exactly was going on, but his face was still unreadable.

“His been cheating.” She blurted out.

I felt as if I had just been hit in the stomach with a bowling ball, all the air drained from me. Cole, cheating, it was a little too absurd for me to take in.

How can I not believe my best friend? She would never lie to me, never.

Cole remained silent, watching Kylie and I very closely. He folded his arms.

“What?” I whispered.

“His being screwing the entire cheerleading team behind your back.” She slurred.