Chapter 34

“But even when I stop crying, even when we fall asleep and I'm nestled in his arms, this will leave another scar. No one will see it. No one will know. But it will be there. And eventually all of the scars will have scars, and that's all I'll be--one big scar of a love gone wrong.”

Chapter 34

On Coles request we made our way to a bar just outside of town, who was I to deny him? He threatened me, my life and that’s one thing that I’m not about to test him on.

So here we are. I’ve been quiet for the most part, afraid I may say something that will provoke him in any way, I speak when spoken to and that will have to do for now.

Cole has been throwing back shooters and beer like its water. I could see the effects it was having on him, his words were slurred and his breathing heavy, his eyes were dilated and he was having a tough time keeping them open. But I wouldn’t let that fool you. Cole was the most dangerous when he was intoxicated, never mind the way he looked now, he could change in a spilt second, with regained energy and threat, that’s when you know you’ve had it.

Giving up? I wouldn’t think I was, I was merely just rethinking everything, and the steps I needed to make had to be bigger and better then the last to get away from him. That was the only way.

“Cole, can I go play some pool?” I spoke into his ear so he could hear me above all loud chattering of biker men that took over most of the bar.

He nodded, not looking at me, but at the hooker that was on our other side. He had no shame. He had been talking to her the past thirty minutes and while I felt extremely pissed off and somewhat jealous I felt sorry for her because all she would ever be is a quick fuck, before he came back to me even if it was in the worst way.

A smile slowly spread across my face as I made it to the pool table, two can play at that game. Jealousy, the most skilled game there was.

I made my way through bodies of middle aged men and women to the centre of the bar that held about ten pool tables, all of which were occupied. I scanned the area, noticing a few guys, maybe in college because they looked the part. I walked over to them, with intentions of joining the game because the rest of the people playing did not seem approachable yet.

They noticed me coming, all five of the raising their heads to look in my direction, I swayed my hips, even though it was not me at all, and gave the most seductive smile I could come up with. It felt foreign on my face but it must have worked because they all smiled back.

“Hi.” I said in a sickly sweet voice.

“Hey.” The all chorused, looking at me from head to toe, that made me want to cower away but I didn’t, I held my ground, I have no idea where the new found confidence came from but I wasn’t exactly complaining,

“Mind if I join you?” I asked, not bothering with introductions.

“Sure, we were just about to play doubles.” One said, “I’m Brax, by the way, and this is Kent, James, Jonny and Peter.” He said pointing to his friends.

“I’m Scarlett.” I said.

We started playing with Brax and I on one team and Kent and James on the other whilst Jonny and Peter sat out.

It was fun to sit and talk and mingle with all of them, and I was actually stating to have fun. Forgetting who I was here with, I let loose and it was fun.

We played about two games, until all hell broke loose.

I was talking to Brax, and he was telling me a joke, I leaned closer to him, because I couldn’t hear properly.

A second later Brax was on the floor, clutching his now bleeding nose, and Cole was standing over him, his nose flaring like a bull and his hands clenched into fists.

“What the hell Cole.” I shouted, moving to Brax’s side.

As I knelt down to see if he was okay I was grabbed up by my forearm by Cole. Who looked like he was about to blow a gasket.

I cringed back instantly, knowing what would come soon.

“Hey man? What’s your problem man? We were just playing pool!” Peter shouted, whilst lifting up Brax.

“Yeah, well I don’t appreciate your friend being all over my girl.” He spat out.

“Hey, you were with that whore when I left, and that was two hours ago, did you have fun Cole?” I spat back at him.

He looked at me, as if to say: ‘don’t fucking go there.” I rolled my eyes at him.

Turning to apologise to the guys.

“I’m really sorry guys.” I said, sincerely.

This resulted in the hand around my forearm being tightened and a threating glare from Cole, who then proceeded to pull me out of the bar as everybody started at us.

That was embarrassing.

He dragged me towards the car, shoving me in the passenger’s seat before jumping ion the driver’s seat.

He started the car, not saying anything, but I could see he was angry, because he was grabbing the steering wheel.

We stopped at a robot.

“You going to pay for what you did Scarlett,” Cole eventually spat out.

“And what exactly did I do Cole?”

“Acting like a slut!” he shouted.

“You were the fucking one that was flirting with some hooker while I was sitting right beside you! If anything you were the slut! Was she a good fuck?” I asked through gritted teeth.

He had started driving again, going faster than the speed limit.

“Bull shit! You’re the fucking slut.” He said.

I snorted, “Is that the best you can come up with? I didn’t do anything wrong!” I shouldn’t in annoyance.

He then took my hair in my hands and smashed my head on the dash board I groaned in pain. But immediately regretted at when he brought my face near his, he took his eyes off the road and looked at me with pure hate, “You make me like this, and when we get back to your house I’m going to make you…”

He didn’t get to finish that sentence because the car started spinning, another car had hit the side of ours, we were going at such a speed that neither of us saw it coming. We were preoccupied.

But the car was spinning, and life was still going on. He tried to get it under control, but the car hit a pole.

Pain.

There was pain and blood everywhere.

I could feel myself lose consciousness but there was nothing I could do to stay awake.

It was just too much.