Chapter Eighteen

Warning: steamy scene, if do not want to read please skip ahead straight to chapter 19 once published. Thank you!

I stare at my sleeping mate and I gently caress at his cheek. I smile gently wrapping an arm around his waist, hugging him to me. I frown confused as I feel something wet on my fingers, was he sweating? I lift my hand up and freeze as a bright red color shines even in the dark. I hear a dark chuckle and when I look up, I'm staring in to bright blue eyes. They were shining, the only thing apparent about the shadow in the corner of the room. I don't hear myself scream, but the fear shakes me awake.

I immediately knew it wasn't just a dream. I try to calm myself down as I feel Silas stir slightly beside me. I carefully turn my body and touch at his back and sigh in relief, when I don't feel anything strange. I lean up kissing his forehead and glance down at my sweaty body. I should shower. I remove his arm from around my waist very gently and stand up from the bed. I had goosebumps all around my body as I undress in the bathroom. I turn on the shower water and glance up at myself in the mirror. It's been a couple weeks and the nightmares keep occurring. Tonight is one of the only nights I actually remember it. At first, I was getting really skinny, but once Silas started noticing the change, he didn't let me skip meals or not sleep. I put more weight on him even though he already had enough on his shoulders. I let out a frustrated sigh as I get in to the shower.

I run my fingers through my hair as I think about what this dream could possibly mean. Suddenly arms wrap around me and I jump, cursing as Silas gently kisses at my chin, "what are you thinking about so hard you didn't hear me come in?"

"Nothing, just a little tired." I whisper softly sliding my fingers through his slightly wet hair, guiding his face near mine to kiss him softly.

"Be honest with me, snow."

"I don't remember it." I tell him as I glance over his face and the male sighs gently as he kisses my knuckles. I glance over his face quietly and he sighs nuzzling his nose against my neck. My arms wrap around him and I stare at the wall the blue eyes never once leaving my mind.

"I wish you would trust me more."

"It isn't about trust, Silas. You have enough on your plate as it is."

"I will always have space for you Winter, your problems are our problems. We've established this." He whispers resting his forehead against mine and sigh softly, "I've been getting better this month, let's just stay with a good mindset."

"It's hard when I see how much this is affecting you."

"I'm not going anywhere, Snow."

"Sometimes we aren't in control of that." I whisper back anxiously as I look at him and he sighs at my words shaking his head. Our lips slowly connect and I wrap my arms around his neck, "I love you."

"I love you, Snow."

"Silas, I don't want your excuse to be me not being ready for my duties, I don't want anymore excuses, I don't know how much longer I can do this." I say quietly scanning his face and he stares at the wall blankly. He nuzzles his face in to my neck and his arms wrap around my waist slowly.

-

I glance around curiously as I step out of the car. There was a cabin, it was directly in front of the lake, and the sound of the waterfall dominated the area. I glance behind me and my mate was staring at me quietly, "this was my hide out growing up, it used to just be a small shack, but once I grew up, I made a cabin."

"Who knows about this place?"

"Only Jessie and Liam." He whispers softly as he entwines our fingers, tugging me to follow him. I glance at the bag over his shoulder curiously and I look around in awe. The trees were extremely tall and the sun was shining through them, directly over the waterfall. I could see why this was his hiding place.