Chapter Three

It was early in the morning when the door rung signifying someone came inside. I felt the usual powerful aura and my best friend tenses from my side. His eyes take in the man and I take a deep breath walking over to where he sits down. He was wearing the gloves and the fancy outfit still.

"I was surprised when I got your message. It was my impression last night that you wanted nothing to do with me." He says to me quietly as I slide the mug with hot cocoa over to him. I lean my head on my palm and look him over with a small frown.

"I don't know if you know this, but before you, I had never been with a man before, let alone been attracted to one." I explain with a sigh and I pick at my sleeve trying to think of what to say, his eyes were staring in to mine with so much intensity it was making me nervous. I tap my fingers on the counter and I give him an awkward smile.

"Do you want me to tell you what happened that night? Is that why you called?" He says with a small smirk his eyes moving over me and I take a deep breath leaning on to the counter, "why don't I just show you?"

"O-Okay. I can talk to you, but I do not want anything sexual." I tell him in a squeak shaking my head at his comment, but it caused something in the pit of my stomach that I didn't understand. He chuckles leaning back on the chair and he licks his lips watching me. He looked like an animal ready to eat their fresh kill.

"Well, I was at a meeting in the club and you came in to the private room. You said you thought it was the bathroom, but then you just sat down and began to drink our liquor." He says tapping his chin and he grins his eyes shining as he thinks back, "then you walked over and sat beside me, telling me about some girl who left you for a doctor."

"Amber." I whisper rubbing at my arm and he hums picking up the mug from the table.

"So, I told you that I thought you were cute and you could drink your sorrows away with us. And you did." He explains drinking a bit of the coffee and setting it down. I reach for a napkin and then lean over the corner wiping the corner of his lips. He raises a brow at me and that makes me realize what I just did. I pull my hand back as if I had been burned by fire.

"S-sorry."

"Don't be. I'm just surprised. Well, anyway, after that you kept flirting with me. I asked you if you were straight and you told me that things change and you kissed me. At first, I was resistant, but then I gave in. We went up to my room." He says running his fingers through his hair and I feel my cheeks turn red at the thought.

"We had sex?" I ask wide eyed, examining his beautiful face and he shakes his head leaning on his palm.

"No, no, I wouldn't have sex and mark you on the same day. You told me you were hungry, so I ordered you some sushi. We ate, watched a movie, drank wine, just talked. It was about four in the morning when we began to kiss and just do things, but sex never happened." He says quietly reaching up and tucking my hair behind my ear, "as soon as you fell on your way in to the hotel room and told me to carry you, I knew you were my mate."

"That's a very strong thing to say." I tell him with a nervous smile and he shrugs at my comment. I go to speak, when someone comes over to order a coffee. He nods at me and I walk over to the customer with a small smile.

-

The room was warm as I drank my coffee in front of Silas. I wondered if it was okay for him to be here all day with me. He decided to sit with me during my break and I was just slightly confused about everything.

"So, this mark, where do you have it?" I ask him curiously while showing him my wrist and he reaches over gently. He runs his thumb over the mark and i gasp a bolt of electricity moving down my spine. He hums at my response and pulls away with a small smirk.