Ms Tomboy And The Long Lost Half Sister

#NotEdited

And upon a certain request I have gone back to writing point of views! Tell me how you guys feel about it!

A little bit from Nayal's past ;)

Nayal

November 2010

"Why don't you call it a night? I can't stand the dark circles under your eyes."

Amal stroked the over-grown bronze hair that were sticking out of the red beanie. The little tug was a clear warning for me to get a haircut.

"There's still a few things I have to go over before I can head back home." A yawn escaped my mouth as I stared at the pile of papers surrounding me.

"I'll stay." She dragged her chair back and slumped down. "And no arguments. I'm ordering Indian food."

I knew very well that arguing with Mrs. Tahan would leave me with a severe headache (no offense to her). I cracked my neck and rubbed the red eyes before opening the laptop to feed the spreadsheet. Mrs. Tahan had leaned over the table with a tired smile on her face triggering guilt inside of me.

"Mrs. Tahan you can go home. I'll be just fine."

Instead of replying she rolled her eyes and picked up of the cartons from the floor.

"Mrs. Tahan?"

"Yes dear."

"Do you think this bill could be served as an evidence?" I handed the paper to Mrs. Tahan who perched the glasses on her nose looking carefully read it.

"You are brilliant! Alice couldn't find a single thing from that box, that lousy witch!" She growled and attached it in the file.

A year ago Nayal wouldn't have imagined sitting with one of the top most lawyer in the business. A few months back there was a case he helped the Yard with and after exactly ten days he was recruited as a Sergeant. For a guy who worked at a pizzeria after graduating high school, it was surreal. Due to his father's medical bills he was deprived of attending college, but he didn't mind at least he showed that he didn't.

"Don't tell anyone but I saw her sticking a bogger under her table last week."

"Ewww!" She exclaimed in disgust and then both of them burst into laughter.

"What time is it now? Damn! It's 11 freaking o'clock. I'll kill this girl!" I stole a few glances Mrs. Tahan who dialed a number and adjusted the phone between her ear and shoulder and took out the food from the delivery box. Having no close contact with a female before I kept my gaze down, that's what one of the only things my father taught him.

Exotic fragrance of biryani filled the room in no time, making his mouth water. To me, there was nothing better than an extra large serving of chicken biryani with a chilled Coke and no forget my favourite gulab jamun.

"What do you mean you don't know, Zeeny?"

"Why can't you take the first flight home? I'm worried sick about you!"

"Hand over the phone to Adi. Right now!"

"Adi get her home and I don't care how. I'll talk to the Coach."

"Take care, honey. Mama loves you. Allah Hafiz."

Mrs. Tahan clearly noticed his quizzical expression as she ended the call.

"Zeeniya is my daughter, if you're wondering. She's currently on country tour with the rest of the football team."

"That's pretty awesome."