Grass Ain't Greener

Start from the beginning

"How?" Jay frowned.

"Well after all that social media drama happened, I was very angry with Chris because he didn't come to my defense when I needed him. He showed up at my apartment wanting to talk, saying how he still loved me-"

"He said that? And what did you say?!" Jaylon asked with wide eye's. I stale faced her. "Well if you would let me finish..."

"My bad. Continue."

"So as I was saying." I rolled my eye's, giggling. "When Chris told me that, I basically rejected it, and told him that he wasn't in love with me. He was only in love with the thought of me, and it was definitely a pivotal moment."

"Bitch why would you say that?!" Jaylon yelled, glaring at me. "Because that's honestly how I felt at the moment. I was really hurt Jay. But fast forward to a few weeks later, Chris randomly call's me, and we got into this heated argument. He then asked me if I thought that everything between us was a mistake and if I didn't love him anymore, we could both walk away and not look back."

"And what did you say?" Jaylon leaned forward, listening intently to my every word as if I was a preacher spreading the good word.

"I lied, and told him I regretted falling in love with him, and that everything between us was a mistake." I whispered, hanging my head in shame.

Jaylon shook her head, grimacing at me. "You a dumb bitch."

I threw a pillow at her. "Stop calling me a bitch!" I smirked.

"Well you gotta admit you was dumb though. I understand that your pride was probably talking at the moment, but you had this man practically throwing his heart at you, and you rejected him. Now if you do try to get back with him, and he yeet yo ass, you can't be mad at nobody but yourself. When it comes to love, you have to put your pride aside." Jaylon shrugged, tying her purple dyed Brazilian bundles into a neat bun on top of her head.

"But you don't understand." I whined, running my fingers through my hair. "What I do understand is that maybe you should really try moving on Ky. I mean you don't have to be with Chris. There's plenty of other dudes out there." Jaylon said nonchalantly.

I took out the clear nail polish, painting on the top coat to finish off my pedicure. "But Chris is the only guy I have feeling's for."

"Just let it go Ky. Let Chris go."

"What do you mean?"

"Move on! Go on a date. Something. I'm pretty sure Chris isn't even thinking about you in that way anymore. This is a international multi-platinum recording artist we're talking about. This man has women throwing themselves at him on the daily. Chris can't give you the love and treatment you deserve. Look at his failed relationships with Rih and Kae. He abused one physically and the other emotionally." Jaylon scoffed.

I stared at her for a brief moment, suddenly taken back at her words. "First of all that woman abuser shit is so dead. Chris paid big time for his mistake with Rihanna. It almost cost him his entire career, and he was on probation for five year's. The Karrueche situation is not a case of emotional abuse. That doesn't excuse any of the wrongs Chris did, but Kae allowed Chris to do what he did to her. She accepted it, because she was blinded by her love for him. A man will only do what a woman allows. She played victim to get the world's sympathy when in actuality she was just a dumbass. It took a baby for her to break thing's off with him. If Royalty was never born, I guarantee they probably would've still been together." I said, feeling irritated all of a sudden.

"And there you go defending him like his washed up fan's." She shot. I bit my bottom lip. "Let's just drop it okay." I suggested, trying to diffuse the building tension.