Chapter 24: Hope

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
(POV Lucy)

The man kept on getting closer and closer to me. I stepped away every step it took. Every time I moved I saw a vision of my friends.
One step; Connor
Second step; Arabia
Third step; Manuel
And so on.......

"Lucy!!"

I turned around. I saw no one.

"Lucy!"

I turned around again, but I didn't see anyone. When I turn back to see the monster; it disappeared. I was frightened. I began running, trying to find an exit out of here. I kept on running till I saw a bright light in front of me.
"Maybe that's a way home", I said to myself.
With so much joy I ran as fast as I could when a dark figure blocked the light. I immediately stopped and hid behind a rock. I saw the figure walking this way so I covered my mouth and stayed still.

When it came closer and I was able to have a good view of this monster, I saw a tall man covered in black smoke. It sharp teeth glowed and its red eyes illuminated a path. I was so scared.
"I wish I didn't go near the portal, I wish I would have just listened to Vanessa explaining", I said in my head.
I heard whispers saying my name, it was so weird and also creepy. Then I heard a whisper say, "It's my fault" or "I'm too young to become a hero." I began to cry. I realized that my crying made an echo. The monster looked at me with its red glowing eyes and began heading towards me. I jumped and began running.

Then I felt a push. I looked behind me to see the monster putting its claws near my face when something hit the figure in the face. I was surprised. I stood up and I saw Connor.
I ran to him and gave him a big hug.
"Thank you", I said to him.
"Your welcome", he replied.
He looked at something behind me. Then his eyes widened and he began running. I also ran. I turned around to see the monster flying full speed at us.
I look back at Connor and began running even faster to catch up to him. When I did he grabbed me by my arm and he ran even faster.

"We need to head to the light", he said

"Why?", I asked.
"Because we can find our way home", Connor said.
"What if we don't?", I asked.
"Don't think about that. Think of the good things and maybe, just maybe, we can go home", he said.
"Ok", I replied.

We were getting closer and closer until

Boom!

I was flying in the air. When I hit the ground, it felt like a rock being thrown at my face. I stood up, but I fell back down. The pain really did hurt. Then I remember about Connor. I stood up and tried looking for him, but I couldn't find him.

"Connor!!!", I shouted from the top of my lungs. He never did respond. I was worried if the monster took him. Then I kept on looking for Connor until I was face to face with the monster.

Then something caught my ears;

"Lucy!!"

That must be Connor. I was going to head that direction, but the monster blocked me. Now it's time to fight.

 Now it's time to fight

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
(POV Connor)

I stood up. I rubbed my head. I felt pain from head to toe. I had a hard time standing up until I was able too.

"Lucy!!", I screamed. But she didn't answer.

"Lucy!!", I screamed even louder.
But she didn't respond. I was getting a little worried when I heard an echo of my name.
I immediately ran in that direction.
What seemed like forever I finally found Lucy, but she wasn't alone. I was shocked to see that she was fighting with that monster. I had to think of something. But there was a complete silence. I turn around to see that the monster was looking at me.

I jumped and I began running. As I did I saw that he had Lucy in his hands. I knew I couldn't leave her behind. I toughed up and ran to the monster. Then I moved aside and the light I saw earlier hit the monster. It screamed. It dropped Lucy so I ran to get her. As for the monster, it disappeared.

I look at Lucy, she had a scratch and many bruises. I put my hand a little bit near her nose to see if she was breathing, and she was, but she passed out. I picked her up and I walked to the light. It was so bright it blinded me.

Then I see myself in front of Arabia with Lucy on my back

"Where were you guys", she said to me.
"Somewhere", I said.
"What happened to Lucy!!!", Sabrina said.
"Well, she was fighting a monster. Then I rescued her", I said.
"Are you okay", Lucky asked.
"I'm fine", I replied.
Then as I was walking I lost my balance.
"Are you sure that your fine?", Arabia asked.
"Yeah I'm okay. Maybe a little light headed", I said.
"Well we have another problem", Adam said.
"What is it?", we all asked.
"How are we going to bring back color to Mardaly!!!", he said.
"The portal", I said.
"Well.....", Vanessa said.
We turned around. The rainbow ball looked gray, just like our village.
"What happened to the ball?", Lucky asked.
"It has no more power. At least right now it doesn't", Vanessa said.
"What do you mean?", Manuel asked.
"Well. It needs to regenerate its power", Vanessa said.
"And when will it be working again?", I asked.
"In two or three days", Vanessa said.
"WE'RE STUCK HERE FOREVER", everyone shouted.