VII - Garbled Games

Start from the beginning

"Well she seems to like you, like a lot" she said as she approached the cupboard "I mean, it's the first time I've seen you happy since. I don't know. Maybe.. 3 years ago" she then took a glass from the cupboard and opened the refrigerator "Whatever she did to you" she paused, filling up her glass to then return it inside and drinking it. After drinking she continued "I love it." she carefully place the glass in the sink "Good night, Lo.." she wiggled her eyebrows as she left me there.

Lo

That nickname she gave me. Well I did like my name but I loved it even more when it rolled out of her mouth. I decided I had to get some sleep since I have school tomorrow and I'm mostly worried about ignoring Camila. It's already hard not to think about her, how much more if she's meters away from me. I changed into my pajamas and I slowly crawled in my bed. I sighed when I finally found my favorite spot but there was something missing, my favorite person.

"How did your parents come up with your name?" It was a sunny afternoon and we decided to rest. We were on our way to the park where we would be riding some elephants which I know she would love. "Well.. During those times. Ralph Lauren models had dark hair and bright blue eyes" I paused looking at the small latina beside me and she nodded "I was a dark haired and bright blue eyed baby" she smiled "I bet you were hella cute" she pinched my nose and I scrunched my nose at the contact.

"Ralph Lauren, Lauren" I closed my eyes at the mention of 'Ralph', the total embarassment. Dinah used to make fun of me and started calling me Ralph because of that. I heard a cute giggle beside me and I decided to open my eyes. "Ralph.." she said between giggles. God, you're effortlessly beautiful. "Dinah already got that one babe." I spoke up once her laugh died down.

Her eyebrows were furrowed and her lips were pursed, she was thinking of something. "Lo." I raised my eyebrows in question "That's my nickname for you." she smiled as she snuggled closer and she wrapped her arms around me.

A beep from my phone woke me up. There were a lot 7 missed calls from her.

From: Camz 🍌
Why did you leave? I miss you. 😫

From: Camz 🍌
Good morning babe! 💕 On my way to school, see ya there 😘

From: Camz 🍌
Where are you? Classes are already starting.

From: Camz 🍌
Answer your phone. We need to talk. 😠

Shit.

I forgot to set up my alarm last night. My parents are probably asleep, Taylor and Chris woke up earlier since they both had practices in the morning. I quickly took a shower and changed to my favorite pair of boots, denim jeans, checkered halter top and a leather jacket. I also put on a bit of light makeup before I took the keys to my motor. I left the house and rode down to the school.

The teacher was already passing out some papers when I arrived. I silently cursed to myself for forgetting to set up the alarm. She noticed a presence by the door and her head twisted to the left. "First time, Lauren" she said and everyone looked at me. "I'm really sorry Ms. Diane, it won't happen again." She nodded and gestured for me to come in.

I scanned the room and the seat beside Camila was vacant and that was where I usually sit but not today. There was also a vacant seat beside Belle and it would be pretty easy for me to ignore her if I would sit there. I don't know why I have this habit of ignoring people rather than facing with them, I just didn't have the guys yet to tell her everything and of course enough evidence. Even if I would've told her everything she would immediately report it to 'her friends' and I would become a laughing stock at this school forever. Once I sat down beside Belle, Camila's eyes were on us two. Her gaze was already burning through my skull and I just shrug it off with the fire that she sparked first, I'll just beat fire with fire.