Chapter 41: Finale Pt I

Rico POV

My nigga laid up in a hospital bed and I feel like it's partly my fault since I elbowed him the other day.

Manny sighed and laid back against the bed, wincing.

"So we all agree that we gon beat his ass as soon as he get outta here, right?" Dre said, looking at us. We nodded.

"What I do?" Manny asked.

"You waited too long to tell us you were sick, stubborn ass." Alex told him.

"I can borrow my mom's brass knuckles." Kaleb said. We laughed.

"Man damn, I just didn't wanna make a big deal about it."

"Immanuel, on a scale of 1-10, how bad is the pain?" Crys asked him.

He opened his mouth for a second, but looked at us. "Is there a number higher than ten?" He asked.

"Shakin my damn head." Montae said as he threw his arms in the air and plopped down in a seat.

"Iight damn,"

"Doctor DuVall, what do you think is the problem?" Crys asked Alex with one eyebrow raised.

"My prognosis is that the patient needs an appendectomy before the appendix burts." He said. "Yo ass got a fever too."

Crystal had that proud mother look on her face. "He's right. Anyway, Eric says I don't need to be on my feet anymore--"

"He's right." Alex told her. She put her hand up.

"--so I'm gonna leave. He should be in here soon to prep you and all that. Hopefully your appendix doesn't burst before then." He looked at her like she was crazy. "But that probably won't happen...probably. Just as long as you don't throw up you're fine. Bye." Crys said before walking out.

He groaned and grabbed his stomach, sitting up. "Y'all boutta annoy me now. When y'all leaving?"

"You know we not boutta leave yo ass here." I told him as I sat down next to Montae. "Alex what the fuck is an appendectomy?"

"He got appendicitis, so he needs to get his appendix taken out."

"What?!" Manny said, looking at him. Alex just shrugged. "Y'all makin me nauseous...wait." Manny got up and ran into the bathroom quick as hell, next thing you hear is him throwing up. "Fuck.."

Sommer got up and went into the bathroom and they started yelling at each other in Spanish. I heard Montae chuckle as well. The only thing they said in English was, "Get the fuck up off the floor nigga!"

"Quit yellin at me Valencia!" He turned on the faucet and rinsed his mouth out before slowly getting up and trudging back over to the bed. "Where is your friend, Rico?" He asked me. Dani went over to his house to get him some basketball shorts so he won't have to wear that damn gown.

Dani finally came back in the room. I saw Dri struggling to stay on her feet so I got up and told her to sit in my seat. She smiled but grabbed my arm.

"I don't wanna be a cockblocker with Alex and I don't wanna be at home by myself, so could I spend the night over your house?" She whispered in my ear. I nodded without a second thought. "Thanks, I promise I won't get in your way." She went over and sat in my seat and I watched her ass as she did. Damn I miss that ass.

"Okay." Erik walked into the room. Somi gave him the clipboard and he read over it.

"Daddy you can't say hi to me?" Cleo asked him. He looked at her.

"You did not say hi to me," He told her. She ran over and gave him a hug. "A'ight so I know Alex already told you what was goin on but I'll just tell you that it was extremely dumb to wait this late to come to the hospital. The surgeon will do your surgery in about an hour or so, so the nurse'll be back in about half an hour to prep you. You scared?"