Chapter 27: Road Trips Pt. II

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT TOWARDS THE MIDDLE.

Heaven on the side

Kaleb POV

"Did y'all watch EJ and the twins?" Jason asked us. We nodded.

"Hold up, "yall" aint do nothing but sit on the couch. Montae changed diapers and fed the kids." Montae told him.

"Thank you, Montae. I should pay you, Jay give him some money." Sariyah said.

"It's all good Mrs. Simmons, I do it for the kids." He said.

"You do it for the kids huh? Where are your brother and sister?" Tiara asked him. His eyes widened but then he relaxed.

"Shut up, they in the kitchen." He mushed her head as he walked by her to get to the kitchen.

"Why is it that your boy can take care of babies that you're related to, but you can't?" Jason said. I shrugged. Meagan and Maurice came and sat on the couch wit Montae.

"Ooo, babies!" My mom said, walking over and kneeling down in front of Megan and Maurice. My dad rolled his eyes and walked away. "What's your names?"

"I'm Meagan and this my little broder Maurice."

"Nuh-uh, I oldest!"

"No, I'm oldest, now calm down." Montae told them.

"You're a pretty lady." Megs told her.

"Thank you, you are too."

"What about me!" Maurice said.

"You are just a handsome big boy." She told him. "I have to go but I'm gonna come back and play with you guys if you want." They nodded.

"Jalisa, come here boo." Sariyah told her. She got up slowly and walked out with the rest of the adults.

Jason POV

I don't know when it was decided that I was Adopt-a-Kid but hey, I'll do what I can to help someone in need. Mas, Natalie, Sariyah and I walked, with Jalisa, down the hall to the rooms on the main floor.

"Did I do something?"

"No, your mother did." Riyah said. I glared at her.

"Do you know what the letter that your mom wrote said?" I asked Jalisa. She shook her head, still looking confused.

I sighed and opened the door to the room.

"This is nice," She said.

"Glad you think so; it's yours." Riyah told her. She snapped her gaze away from the room, to us and started laughing. "I'm serious."

"Is this some kinda early April Fools thing?"

"Your mother wrote my husband a letter and after many flirtatious comments, she asked us if you could stay with us for a while." Riyah told her.

"Before you say anything, you're not a burden Jalisa, you practically live here already." Mas said, sitting down on the lounge chair.

"And it's not like the kids will mind, especially Kay-" Mas cut Natalie off by putting his hand over her mouth.

Jalisa kept glancing at Sariyah before she said, "I just feel like not everybody feels that way.."

"Why everybody lookin' at me?" Sariyah asked.

"Because you acting like you don't want her here, Psoriasis." Mas joked. I laughed but stopped when Riyah looked at me.

"I don't want to be a burden, I'm sorry my mom's a whore. I swear I didn't know. I would stay with Rico and T but my mom burned all her bridges so she dumped me off here." She sat down on the bed.