Chapter 16

As the group climbed down the stairs of the building, they each carried the same forlorn expression, even Touka, who had only known Saiko for almost a week. She was the kind of person who always made it a fun time, even if she was lazy too.

When they arrived at the bottom of the building, the crowd of people from before had already left, leaving them all alone with Saiko's body until they decided to enter :RE.

"Kaneki..." Touka started,"I'm so sorry."

Haise looked down,"you don't have to be, don't worry." He glanced around the remaining members of his squad,"we can hold a funeral here tomorrow. And then we can leave."

"Ok, but where'd the name Kaneki come from?" Shirazu asked.

Haise thought for a moment."It's a long story that no one needs to hear. It was certainly a tragedy though. I was put through a lot of horrible things, and did some too." He turned his gaze towards Touka. "My one regret was leaving you, Touka."

The rest of the Quinx squad whispered to each other and decided to leave the room after figuring out what was going on. Shirazu shot a quick thumbs up at Haise first, though.

OMG guys I'm sorry this chapter was so short but I just wanted to get something out there. I've been busy lately plus my shsl talent of procrastination is a pretty big drag. I promise the next chapter will be longer though.