Chapter 9

After the Squad did a thorough search of the area, they went back the their hotel and rested. They were very confused with why there was a random book lying on the ground. They couldn't think of why or how it got there, but remained intrigued.

When the next day came, they were only just then began feeling the overwhelming fatigue. They were all whining horribly until Haise said something that he thought could get them to shut up.

"Hey guys why don't we stop by :RE? You know, the place I got those muffins at?" They all shared a consecutive "ooh" and agreed. Except for Urie but he just didn't really care at this point.

-

When they arrived at the café, Touka glanced at Haise and immediately lit up. Haise looked at her and felt weird again. But a good weird. He liked this feeling. They walked over to the counter and each ordered what they wanted while Haise couldn't help but stare at the violet haired barista.

"What are you staring at?" She asked.

"Oh, um, sorry. I just didn't notice how beautiful you looked last time I was here." He blushed.

"Smooth as ice." Shirazu chuckled next to Urie, which caused them all to laugh. Haise hit him in the back of the head and ignored him.

Touka brought up his drink, which was the same thing he got last time, even with the little design in swirls. Everyone else got their orders and sat at an empty table.

He began remembering everything he had before, and tried to grab each memory so they wouldn't drift away when he left. He managed to burn something in his mind about a centipede and the name "Jason".

They were all unusually quiet for their visit. They were just all deep in thought about how to find the binge eater.

Touka was still a little put off that the former Kaneki was now a CCG investigator, judging by his coat and overall outfit, but was willing to ignore it because she still had feelings for him. She just wanted him to remember her but she didn't know how to pull out all his memories and make them stay. She wanted him to visit her more often but she knew he was busy with whatever they were investigating. So she just continued to be here for when he did come by and try to make small talk.

To be continued...

Hey guys so I didn't really know what to write for this chapter and it's already a bit late so I hope I satisfied you with this heh 😅. I'll be sure to do more planning but for now leave a vote, comment and maybe even a follow if you enjoyed. Some constructive criticism is always appreciated! See ya!