Chapter 11

The figure turned around and, to no one's surprise, it was the binge eater. The group prepared themselves for battle, pulling their quinque's out and their game faces on. She ran to them with her kagune out, ready to give a deathly blow the whoever ran up first.

Haise sprinted towards her with his quinque out. He sliced off one of the many tentacles sprouting from her back and yelled,"Guys, back me up!"

"Got it Sassan."

"On it."

"This better be worth a promotion. Tch."

"Yes sir."

Shirazu successfully landed a hit on her with his Nutcracker quinque and the ghoul fell back from being cut deeply in the stomach but got back up like she was perfectly fine. She stood back a second, looking at her wound while it regenerated in less than a second and chuckled. She then ran towards the group again yelling, "Damn you investigators!"

The ghoul remembered how her world slowly fell apart. It all started one day when she was a young girl.

-
-

A cheery 7 year old pinked haired girl happily skipped home from school with her single mother. The father, who was human, left the pair when the child was around five years old to "attend to business" and never came back. They walked quickly across the street so they wouldn't be hit by traffic, despite them both being ghouls.

"Sakura be careful, there are investigators over there." The mother whispered into her daughter's ear as she motioned to where the investigators stood across the way. She hoped they wouldn't notice them because Sakura hadn't fully developed her kagune yet and therefore wouldn't be able to protect herself.

They continued walking down the street, making many turns as they went along. "Mommy, isn't this route out of the way from where we live?"

She stayed silent, knowing the investigators had seen them and followed, so she was trying to throw them off their trail. The investigators stood not too far away, though keeping their distance so as to blend in with the crowd of people also on their journeys home. They had to wait for the perfect time.

As Sakura and her mother turned the next corner, they noticed a dark alleyway. Thinking this would be great cover and knock the investigators off their tail, the mother walked into the shadows with the child at her heels. They walked farther into the pathway until the mother was sure they would be safe.

"Mommy, why did we turn here?" Sakura asked fearfully. She was afraid of the dark.

"Don't worry dear, we're safe here." Her mother assured, knowing fully well of her daughter's intense Nyctophobia, but knowing it would be worth it and hoping this would help her with it.

"KYAAAAAH!!" They heard as the two investigators ran at them, full force with their quinque's out. One had a bikaku type, the other a koukaku.

The mother pushed Sakura behind her instantly, her Rinkaku type already shooting out at the investigators, who seemed to be dodging all the hits abnormally well. This pair was not like any other she'd seen before.

"HYAH!" One investigator screamed as he planted a deep slash on the woman's stomach. Being cornered against the wall, she couldn't run anywhere. So she ran towards the investigators with her tentacles out and tried to do any at all damage she could do, which was not much. However, she landed a pretty large gash of revenge on the one who slashed her.

"Mommy!!" Sakura yelled as she was overcome with fear, watching her mom leave her to fight the sadistic workers of the Commission of Counter Ghoul. She knew this moment, wherever it went from here, would stick with her forever.

The young girl's eyes widened with tears as she witnessed her mother be slashed in half by the pair. Blood splattered everywhere, some even got in her hair, but she didn't care. She just watched her mother and only parent for two years be brutally murdered for no reason whatsoever, so why would she? How could she? This was going to be the most traumatic experience of her entire life.

She ran as fast as she could, being small enough to evade the investigators' grasp, and somehow found her way home. She then set to devote her life to getting revenge on those evilly sadistic murderers who call themselves peacekeepers.

To be continued...

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I enjoyed writing it. Did I get you all emotional? Muahahaha, I am so evil. Welp, see ya in the next chapter!