Chapter 14

Haise had been knocked out for a while at this point. He had no idea that Touka, the girl from the café, was there to help them. He also didn't know that she was a ghoul.

"I will kill you all. For my cousin's sake, she wasn't killed by investigators but not a day goes by that I don't think of her. We were always really close when we were little. She's been infamous for being a binge eater like me. One day she tried to pick off her next meal, but got crushed by falling metal. Her name was Rize Kamishiro," the ghoul said with a strangely wistful expression. "I don't know why I'm telling you all this, just thought I'd give you some backstory about me if I'm gonna be tearing you apart. Especially that black and white haired fellow over there." She glanced in Haise's direction. "What was his name? Haise Sasaki, or... Ken Kaneki?"

They all looked around at Haise with a confused expression. Then suddenly, his eye twitched. He began falling into a void of lost memories and flashbacks.

It started with a date. That date. His hair was fully black and he was chatting with his friend Hideyoshi at their favorite café. But then the setting drastically changed and metal was falling to the ground, killing his date, a ghoul, in the process. Then before he knew it he was lying in a hospital bed. When he tried to eat something he was mortified to find that it all tasted horrible. When the doctor came in, he was released to go home.

Next the setting changed to him making cups of coffee back in the café, but this time with an eyepatch over his right eye. He recognized a fellow barista as the girl from :RE. Touka. She smiled at him, reminding him to keep washing the dishes. He felt something pang in his heart when she smiled. Although she acted like a grumpy sister most of the time, he had feelings for her, but never had the chance to tell her.

Now was the next step in his tragedy, and Haise remembered the torture he was subjected to by Jason. He remembered his fingernails and toe nails constantly being ripped out as they grew back abnormally fast. The screaming was uncontrollable as a red centipede was finally put into his ear, causing him to undergo a whole other change and his hair turned completely white. After his transformation, he broke from his chains and devoured Jason in one bite, turning him into a Kakuja.

He then saw a small glimpse of Hide's smiling face. Though after that, he couldn't remember much except not being able to control himself and going crazy and slaughtering countless CCG members, until Arima appeared. Arima pushed his quinque through Kaneki's head and that's where everything ended.

As Haise slowly started to wake up, he caught a glimpse of the girl, then looked around and remembered they were in the middle of battle. Touka spotted him and her eyes widened as he spoke,

"T-Touka...chan?"

To be continued...

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that his hair is still the same color, it didn't go all black like in the manga. :)