Chapter 5

After Haise got his latté and muffins for him and the Q's, he sipped his drink quietly as the lavender haired girl eyed him suspiciously.

"Hey, what's your name?" She asked him with her arms crossed.

"Hm? Oh, it's Sasaki. Sasaki Haise. And yours?" He wanted to know more about her, seeing as she seemed to have a special effect on his memory.

"Touka Kirishima."

With that a sort of bell rung in his mind. He knew this girl. Definitely. He remembered her being almost like a motherly/sisterly figure because she always had to take care of him and protect him.

Touka seemed to recognize his name too, for she once overheard a couple of CCG agents chatting about some 'Class One Investigator Haise Sasaki' and he definitely reminded her of her old friend Kaneki. Just everything about him. His face. His hair. Heck, even his body shape looked exactly like him. She knew this had to be the same Kaneki she had known so well before her world went to shit.

They stared at each other for a good couple minutes until Haise spoke up. "Are you sure we've never met before?" Everything about her started flooding back into his mind so fast it almost hurt.

"No." Touka was becoming overwhelmed with emotions. This couldn't really be Kaneki, could it? He ran off to join the Aogiri Tree two years ago. He couldn't just suddenly be back. Touka didn't believe in miracles, but this just might be one.

Just then, another customer walked through the door and began ordering. Haise stood up since their moment had been ruined and said, "I-I'll just be leaving now."

With that, he picked up his things and left. It seemed that his memory's recurrence was only temporary, because he could no longer remember everything completely. It all remained in broken fragments that he couldn't piece together.

To be continued...