Chapter 20: Premonition

Começar do início

Though, I don't have a handkerchief with me, let alone a piece of cloth. Clothes were different from cloth used for wiping. I guess it can't be helped.

"Elle-chan, look over here."

"....Hmm?"

".......<<Water Drop>>"

I quickly chanted the spell using <<Water Magic>> that I had gotten used to after washing dishes repeatedly. In the next moment, a few dozen water droplets materialized in between me and Elle-chan's faces. I will the droplets to move towards the patches of red sauce on Elle-chan's puffy white cheeks in order to cleanse them.

Elle-chan seemed to be interested at first, but when the spell hit her face, she exclaimed "Cold!" as if she was surprised. Maybe I should learn how to control the temperature of the water next time? I don't know if I can though.

Once I confirmed that her face was clean and she finished eating her skewer, I now started to eat my own. When I bit into it, I tasted a mouthful of salt.

Salty. Too salty.

Even the meat was a little too thick and gamey than what I was used to. I wonder how they seasoned this, so much so that it didn't really fit my taste. In fact, it spoiled my appetite.

I couldn't afford to take another bite of this salty meat skewer, so I looked towards Elle-chan who was staring at my skewer with wide eyes. Honestly, she likes this?

"..Do you want mine as well?"

".....Really? You'll give me Kyouya-nii's skewer?"

"Ah, that's right. Here."

I wonder what was the basic difference between Marielle-san's cooking and the skewer's way of being cooked. This one thing, is an important thing I needed to know soon.

Food was an essential thing in life after all. I can't have me forcing myself to eat food not to my tastes like that meat skewer filled with salt.

Anyway, I handed my remaining skewer to Elle-chan who had finished it in the span of a minute. You were a glutton character, eh.

Oh, that might have been rude.

After a few minutes of walking, we finally reached my destination, the sub-branch of the 'Association' where a carriage departs every Monday morning. I had to pay for my part today, or else I fear they might have run out of seats.

Really, I wonder how large the 'Association' really was, to have a sub-branch in a village like this. Oops, I can't waste time now. I have to enter.

Saying my greetings to the armed men who were guarding the doorway outside of the building, I went inside. I was greeted with a reception counter, and some people inside talking, shaking hands, and getting mad at each other.

Without wasting a minute, I swiftly hold Elle-chan's hand and navigate my way towards the counter, secretly using <<Quicken>> on Elle-chan's feet.

When we reached the counter, I greeted the orange haired woman who seemed to be the receptionist and stated my business. Like an experienced working person, she told me that tomorrow morning, a carriage composed of 3 merchants were travelling together with escorts from a slightly famous 'Famiglia' that focused on escorting jobs, and the like.

I wasn't interested in the name of that family so I refrained from asking, and proceeded to register my name, age and affiliated 'Famiglia'. I only put 'Kyouya' as to avoid trouble, and wrote '18' as my age, since it was the truth. The affiliated 'Famiglia' part was only optional, so I just told her that I wasn't part of one, yet.