Chapter 19: Store

Start from the beginning

How cute.

"Ah, you got it. I'll look forward to tonight."

"Alright, have fun you two."

She said, as we went out the door, into the outside world.

I really liked Marielle-san's cooking, so I didn't refuse her offer. Although, I really didn't know who was repaying who here, but I decided to leave it for later.

Doubting a gesture of goodwill isn't good.

As we started walking around the village, I didn't notice it until now, but Elle-chan had taken hold of my left hand. It felt warm, and soft, and was so fragile that if I put in a little bit of strength, it would break.

But I doubt my measly strength at daytime is enough to count as 'little'. Heck, she might even have a higher strength status than me. Ah, that's depressing.

Why am I always finding things that depress me. Calm down, me.

When we reached what seemed to be, a village square, voices and people yelling could be heard around us. It seems to be coming from the various stalls around the square, filled with products such as vegetables, fruits, meat, and various things I couldn't describe.

This must be where the ingredients are sold. A feeling of being in a marketplace with different voices and money is exchanged while negotiating.

Which reminds me, among the skills I can learn, there was <<Negotiation>> and <<Trading Mastery>> written. I would have liked to learn them now, but I can't do anything about being stuck with a low status during the day.

In fact, I had looked for a skill that counteracted against the 'Lord of the Night' skill, but it seems that a half-assed skill would not even take 1% of my status back. Truly, an impregnable defense. As expected of a 'Unique Class' skill.

Maybe, just maybe, there was a skill book out there that could do it, but I don't even know where to start finding a rare thing like a skill book, so for now, let's add it to the pile.

By pile, I meant the 'Do It When I Come Across It' pile.

I'm not irresponsible, it just couldn't be helped. Without proper information, reckless movements would bring no benefit...

Was the line that a famous detective had said....Probably.

While being led around by Elle-chan around the stalls, I got to see how the little girl haggled with grown men that were experienced in trade. Truly, a frightening talent.

When it was over, I felt like I was tired. Even though I didn't do anything except watch Elle-chan buy the better ingredients according to the stall owners. I couldn't tell the difference though.

Well, I didn't use <<Dragon Eyes>> because it seemed that if I did, my insight would still lose against Elle-chan's trained eye with much experience in this field.

Was what I felt. I'm useless aren't I?

Finally, when it reached noon, I found the general store that Marielle-san had told me about. We entered the store while I carried the different ingredients Elle-chan had bought, kept inside a leather-skin bag.

Obviously, I can't let a child carry such a heavy thing.

Although, Elle-chan said that she could carry it no problem, which was a little scary, I would not give in. At least this, I should do at least this.

Entering the store, which was about 2 tatamis wide, I saw the store owner arranging his products on the shelves. If I looked closer, I would see that they were arrows made out of iron, but for now, I had no need for things such as that.