Contract and Cases

[20]

RAZZELLA MONIQUE HELVIN

"Sino kaya yung dalawang new students next week?" Tanong ni Belle. Lahat kaming mag kakaibigan ay naglalakad sa hallway papunta sa kanya-kanya naming room.

"New students?" Sabay nilang tanong. Almost 3 months na ang klase may bagong papasok palang?

"Di niyo ba nabalitaan? Galing sila sa prestigious school pero lilipat sila dito dahil kay Prince. No wonder, their must be Royalties" paliwanag ni Belle. I wonder who they are and their purpose.

Hindi ko na pinakinggan pa ang usapan nila hanggang sa makapasok na ako sa Golden Room. Wala pa siya. 15 mins. pa bago mag 2. Umupo ako sa desk while tapping my fingers.

Valerie's case, it was exactly the same in my dream. 2 more cases to go before I'll search the Facility. I need to act now.

The door finally opened and Sober came in with files. He sat to his desk at napatingin sa akin.

"How's the blood test?" I started.

"It's from the the same killer" he responded and managed to read the files that he brought.

"Same killer?" I asked. The same suspect who murdered the three victims?!

He seriously looked at me "It's none of your business anymore" he responded. His every words were like thorns.

"None of my--!" I started to burst but I quickly calmed myself. That's true. That's why I planned.

"Look, You knew that I heard everything in that Bar, you saw me, you must admit. It's all about Rica's mistake. I tried to warn her. I'm glad she's safe but--" I looked at him with teary eyes. Part of my plan. Drama queen be like.

"--Valerie, her bestfriend, was killed by unknown killer. It's like my fault, I just warned Rica." He looked at me, reading every corner of my face. I tried to look sympathetic, even if his eyes were making me curious.

"I'd like to know what happened--- I'd like to help" I said and that's true. He looked at his watch and smirk, he clicked something at it.

The door suddenly opened, and again the butler came in. He bowed and gave me a folder. Kaagad ko itong binuklat, It's all about being a detective. "Read it all and sign" I heard Sober said. Napatingin ako sa kanya "for what?" Nagtataka kong tanong but he didn't respond. Kasalukuyan siyang nagbabasa at nakapatong ang cross legs niya sa desk. Pinandilatan ko siya.

"Ahem,ahem, Milady. Your Highness wants you to be his apprentice" napatingin ako sa butler ng hindi makapaniwalang emotion. "If you sign that, you do agree being his partner in investigating, by all means do whatever he told you to do" hindi ko maiwasang mapanganga. Tama ba yung narinig ko?! Nananaginip ba ako? Kinurot ko ang aking braso. Aray! Kinurot ko ulit. Aray!

This is reality! Napatingin siya sa braso ko kaya kaagad kong tinago ang aking kamay and smiled. "Unofficially detective?" Pag iiwas kong tanong. Bumalik ang tingin niya sa akin. "Officially Milady, if you sign that all" sabi ng butler na parang natatawa sa gulat kong mukha. That--that was my plan! Paanong--? Bakit--? Coincidence?!

"But it's not just that, you will do whatever he told you to do" maslalo akong nagulat sa kanyang sinabi.

"You mean-- a maid?!" My voice echoed.

Ngumiti ang butler "exactly" Sober blurted out, I gave him dagger looks. He smirked and continue reading. No way!

"Milady, you're fortunate because Your Highness chose you after all the girls who want to be his', and all the top 10 individuals he tested in different crime scenes this year. You have a skill, Milady" said the Butler, who seemed to be impressed by me. Lucky? Being his partner? Ofcourse. But being his maid? No way!