Cheesecake

“Indie-san, is it time yet?” Honey asked climbing up my leg. I looked to the clock on the far side of the room and sighed. Time didn’t seem to exist here, and yet, I knew it’d been an hour since we made the arrangement with Kyoya. I pursed my lips and patted Honey on the head.

                “Yeah, it’s been time for a half hour.” I replied evenly.

                “Then what are we still doing here?” He complained. I tugged at the hem of my skirt and shrugged.

                “Do you want to take it up with the guard dog? I’ve tried escaping a half a dozen times, it’s not working.”

                We both glanced in the direction of the only escaped and sighed. Sure enough, Kyoya was waiting, eyes even, lips indifferent, face cold and detached. I shuddered.

                “Leave it to us!”The twins chimed looping arms. They wore matching, sinister grins. I slapped my palm to my head.

                “Oh, no.” I groaned. “The two of you are trouble.”

                “Us? Trouble?” Kaoru laughed. I narrowed my eyes. His smile slipped.

                “Whatever.” Hikaru snorted. “Just leave it to us.”

                I rolled my eyes, like I had a choice. The twins had a mind of their own. I couldn’t stop them even if I wanted to.

                “Indie-san!” Before I had time to react, Honey was pulling at my hair. “Let the twins do whatever they want. Their plans might be crazy, but they usually tend to work.”

                “Work?” I murmured. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of the twins. Always matching, they parted their hair differently, and, somehow, Kaoru’s smirk seemed softer than his older brother’s. I squinted my eyes, watching as they started tying rope together.

                “Indie-san?” Honey whispered. It was only when his voice reached my ears that I realized I was staring. A slow burn brushed my cheeks. He pulled on the hem of my skimpy Tinkerbelle skirt. “Are you in love with one of the twins?”

                “In love?” I sneered. “Please, I barely even know them.”

                “Even so, I can see the way you look at them.” He hummed sliding back down my leg.

                “And how is that?” I questioned.

                “Curiously.” He giggled. “Like you want to know more.”

I bit my tongue.

He was right,

I was still trying to figure out how they thought.

And…

I was failing miserably.

                “Ladies and gentleman, may we have your attention, please?” Hikaru boomed. Kaoru smiled.

                “That means you too, boss!” He said wheeling Kyoya and Tamaki around to the front of the room. I raised a brow. Honey stayed close to my side, choking his pink bunny.

                “This should be good.” I breathed.

                “Welcome!” They sang together.