Need to Talk

“Alright, Tamaki and I are going to have to have a long talk.” I hissed examining the “flower girl” outfit. It was more like three scrap sheets of fabric tapered with a whole bunch of flowers. “I mean, what does this have to do with anything?”

                “He said he saw it on TV once.” Haruhi was just as fed up with it as me. She was dressed in a man-ish suit made of fake bear.

                “I feel like this is some sort of fairy cosplay? Maybe?” I guessed tossing the sad excuse for a dress aside.

                “At least it’s Tamaki choosing and not Renge.” She sighed. I raised a brow.

                “Renge?” I asked. “Who’s that?”

                “Oh, right. I forgot you haven’t met her yet. Renge is the self-proclaimed host manager. She’s in France now visiting some family and friends. If you think Tamaki’s bad, wait until you see Renge. She makes him look like a saint.”

                “Good to know.” I said unbuttoning my uniform. “I don’t have to sing today, do I?”

                “After what happened yesterday, Tamaki said you’ll just be role-playing for a while.”

                “Role-playing? How do I role-play as a fairy? I feel like his ideas are seriously flawed.”

                “Oh, they are.” She laughed. “He means well, he just doesn’t think.”

                I nodded slipping out of my uniform and slid into the skimpy fairy outfit. I itched at the flowers. “What, no wings?”

                Haruhi smiled, flipping a flower over. “Not today, be grateful. At least he isn’t making you a Princess of the Pixies. Trust me, he wanted to.”

                “I’ll take your word for it.” I smiled. “But what if someone’s allergic to flowers? Ever thought of that?”

                “That’s why they’re hypo-allergenic.”

                I spun on the balls of my feet to face Kyoya. He fixed his glasses and scribbled something down on his clipboard.

                “So I see you’ve thought of everything once again, Kyoya.” I hummed. He carefully made his way to my side, tucking a stray hair back behind my ear.

                “Almost everything.” He grinned. A chill leaped up my spine. I glanced at Haruhi who shared my confusion.

This was an odd friendliness.

                “Anyways,” I said pulling away, “what should I do? I don’t know how to act like a fairy.” I studied him. Kyoya was dressed in skunk suit that resembled a fairy tale I once knew. Then it dawned on me. “I’m Tinkerbelle, aren’t I?”

                He gave off a low chuckle. “And we’re the Lost Boys. Welcome to Never Land.”

                I moaned. Under any other circumstance, I’d love to Role Play Peter Pan, I love Tinkerbelle, but the fact that I was forced and tricked into it, I hated it.

                “Let me guess: Tamaki’s Peter Pan?”

                “Why, yes. He is.”

                I did a slow twirl in my make-shift fairy outfit and sighed. “I don’t feel very fairy-ish.”

                “Stop complaining.” He said suddenly. “You girls take forever to get ready.”