Except You

'Not what I want to happen again.'

I snap my hand back from his grip stepping backwards.

He stares at me blankly for a few moments before I turn to leave. I don't want to waste my breathe anymore, people just grieved for a none dead man.

Ok I grieved.
Just me.

'Why do you do this swan?'

I stop.
'Do what?'

'You let down your guard, giving me insight to your wonder and then you snatch it away.'

I turn to face him. I don't let down my guard, never have... Never will.

'You're a looney.'

'Sometimes, I catch you smiling or deep in thought. When you care or even trust me-'

'I don't trust you!' I snap.

How could I trust someone like him, he just faked his death to 'attempt' to make a point and failed.

'Oh but swan you do'

He runs his tongue against his lips and smiles again.

'Killian-'

'Did I do that?' He points at my neck childishly.

'Why don't you just go and bother someone else!'

I yell. Not intentionally, I'm sick of it! The way he makes me feel, the feelings I can't control, it's like a thousand explosions in my chest even with his smile, accent.. All of him. But he cannot know that, ever.

'Fine' he walks towards me leaning to my ear 'I will. Better tell your parents I'm still alive'

his whisper fades into my ear, his Irish accent making my heart thump.

I stand in the cemetery wondering what just happened. Has he finally got the message, is this the last time he'll bug me?

~The cafe~

'Mum?'

I rush over to her, she's sat having a drink with all the other members of Storybrooke.

'Emma what's up?'

I realise I spoke in a worried tone of voice. I smile, making it seem a little less alarming.

'It's Killian. He's not dead, turns out it was-'

'I know'

'-someone else and wait what?'

I step back. She smiles at me before turning to look at the furthest booth in the cafe.

'Yes, he's there with his girlfriend.'

'Girlfriend?'

I stare blankly at mum.
'Yes Emma.'

I snap back to it. I smile at her. Ok Emma, stay calm.

'Well I'll be off. See you later-'

'Emma-'
'Bye mum.'

I ignore her and March over to the table.

'Killian, a word. Outside.' I nod to the door.

'Of course Miss Swan.'

Miss swan, who does he think he is? Pathetic excuse of a man that's what! I Leave the cafe and stand at the bottom of the steps. He quietly closes the door behind him.

'So all this time, all the time you've been flirty you had a girlfriend?'

'No.'

'So, she's not-'
'She is.' He smiles.

'So you just lied to me?' I yell.

'Keep your voice down!'

'Don't tell me to keep my voice down, scared everyone will know what a lying jerk you are?'

'Emma!'

'No, how about I tell her what happened with us? You know in my office, outside the tavern?' I yell.

Stopping noticing I'm Spilling even my secrets.

'Emma!'
'Killian!'

'Look, yes she's my girlfriend as of today.'

'Today?'

I go quiet, that means he's got a girlfriend in the space of an hour?

'Yes.'
He smirks, running his hands through his hair.

'Quite the charmer aren't we?' I smirk.

'So now you notice.'

He nods turning to head back inside.

'What's that supposed to mean?' I yell. He stops turning around.

'Any girl in this town would be happy to date me, now that's not me being boastful. It's the truth. Any girl, swan'

I stare at him blankly

'Except you.'

I look at the floor.

'I learnt along time ago, you fight for what you want-'

He walks towards me, his lips beside my ear

'But I realised its not worth my breathe. So I moved on to something' he extends the words sharply into my ear 'far more interested.'

He steps back, regaining my breathe.

'I'm done trying, just as I'm done with you.'

I swallow

'Killian-'

'Good evening Miss Swan.'

He slams the cafe door behind him. The cold air sweeps around my body.
In the harsh reality of my own mind, he's exactly what I wanted...