Chapter 15

So...what do you think? Poor Elyrianneth...unfortunately for her, I'm not done with her yet....mwahahaha. Kudos to RhiyaGapz for being the first to vote on this story!!! Thank you so much!!!! It means the world to me! Read, Vote, Comment!! -Joann :)

PS Tbh I don't really like Kili for stealing Tauriel...

PSs I'm going to change some stuff from DOS and BOTFA :) Ok, now you can really read!

Elyrianneth's POV:

I hate Mirkwood. Mirkwood, the land where nobody cares about you. You could get eaten by spiders, and they would say, "RIP Elyrianneth. Okay, morning patrol people will be..." I had locked myself up for three entire days and nobody bothered to look for me. Nobody knocked on my door. Nobody put food outside my chambers. I hoped that Legolas would feel guilty and apologize, but no. I even heard him laughing with Tauriel about something they saw on patrol one day. Not even Thranduil looked for me, daughter of one of his closest friends. I didn't notice it before, but now I noticed that Ada and my siblings never sent me letters. When Ada was visiting Mirkwood, my sisters and brothers would send him daily mail. Same for my sisters and brothers. But when I was away, I never got any. Perhaps Legolas was right. Perhaps Ada was sick of me. Maybe that's why my brothers, Elledan and Elrohir, always teased me, saying that I was a pompous little elf. Maybe I was. But one thing I knew for sure. Nobody cared about me.

Thranduil's POV:

"She did that? Really?" I say, shocked that Elyrianneth would do something like that.

"She was jealous about Tauriel," my son says in a cold voice.

"Speaking of Elyrianneth, where is she?" I ask. I had not seen her for days.

"Amin uma il-sinta (I do not know). Nor do I care," Legolas says emotionlessly.

"Legolas," I admonish him. "She is your fiance-"

"N'uma!" he shouts, cutting me off. "Not after what she did! Never!"

I sigh. "We've had this discussion befo-"

He shakes his head. His expression is adamant.

"Then, if you will not marry her yet, she will stay for awhile. Until you love her," I say.

"Then she will stay forever," he says softly. "I take my leave now."

I sigh. Who was I kidding? Legolas will never love Elyrianneth. I know that while Elyrianneth takes his hand in marriage, Tauriel took his heart a long time ago.

A lithe figure steps into view, cutting off my thoughts.

"Yes, Elyrianneth?" I plaster on a fake smile. Well, at least my problem about Elyrianneth going missing is solved. Although that was the least of my worries, it was something. I don't really know if I actually would care if she goes missing. It would definitely introduce a welcome break from this falsely sweet and deceptive elf.

"Have you seen Legolas?" she asks me in a small and weak voice.

"I..do not think he wishes to see you," I say carefully.

She smiles a watery smile. "I know."

"He will be back from patrol shortly," I say, looking into the horizon.

Legolas's POV:

I hear a cry.

"Someone needs help!" I hiss. Our patrol swings from spiderweb to spider web until we reach our destination.

A pack of spiders, attacking a group of travelers. Foolish travelers. Don't you know that Mirkwood is dangerous?

"GO!" I shout, and my team launches into the battle. I keep an eye on Tauriel. I know that she's extremely able, but I can't help it. Stab, dodge, stab, fake, repeat. I think, and stab two spiders in their eyes.

One of the travlers shouts something.

"If you think I'm giving you a weapon, dwarf, you're mistaken!" Tauriel shouts, throwing her dagger into the spider with deadly precision. She smiles, pleased with her work. So the travelers were dwarves. That made sense as to why they were dim enough to go to Mirkwood.

Later that night-

"I have walked there sometimes. The.."

Why was Tauriel talking to the dwarf? It was obvious that the dwarf was interested in Tauriel, but Tauriel, a beautiful and pure elf, loving a short and hostile dwarf? That just wasn't a thing. I was so engrossed in watching Tauriel and the dwarf named Kili that I failed to notice someone else watching me.

Elyrianneth's POV:

So. Tauriel and a dwarf. Perfect. Tauriel can get together with the dwarf and be happy. Legolas will be angry that she would do such a thing and marry me. Yes. It won't matter that I broke that worthless bracelet, because Legolas will be too angry at Tauriel to care anymore. This is my chance. I will not let it slip away.