Chapter 4

Hey guys! So, this chapter is set a century after the last chapter. Yes, a century. In the movies, I'm going to assume Tauriel is 700 and Legolas is 707 years old. Also, they are now old enough to marry mwahaha....Enjoy! xoxo

Tauriel's POV:

I sigh and sit down on a stone bench in the palace garden to stargaze. It is one of my favorite avocations, and I stare up at the twinkling diamonds.

Mother, father, you are together in the stars now. I hope you do not mind me bothering you with some updates on my life. Thranduil is keeping a close eye on me, although I do not know why. Could it be that he does not approve of my friendship with Legolas? Certainly not. After all, he didn't mind it for about 100 years, right? To be honest, I actually wouldn't mind something more than friendship. But I am sure he doesn't feel the same way. Besides, a Silvan elf could never marry a Sindarin prince. I wonder who King Thranduil will choose for Legolas to marry. Perhaps Lady Arwen? Anyways, I leave you to your peace now. I love you. I stare up at the stars, talking to my family that now rests among the stars. I continue staring up at the stars, admiring them. I felt relaxed and as if the stars' light had washed away all my emotions.

Legolas's POV:

I stare at Tauriel, who is stargazing. Her beautiful hair cascaded down her back, spilling onto her forest green hunting gown. I wish we had something more than a friendship, but it would most likely ruin what we already had. I wish she felt the same way... I think sadly. I do not care that you are Silvan. I can make Ada see that you are not so bad.

Thranduil's POV:

Why? Why does he care for that lowly Silvan elf? I think angrily, watching him from my balcony. Does he not know that he must marry royalty? Indeed, what is Tauriel's beauty compared to that of the Sinda and elves of Imladris? But it doesn't matter. He can have his pet crush for now. But he will marry royalty. I will make sure of it.

I turn and stride into my room. I sit down. His relationship with Tauriel must be fixed. One way or another.