Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hi! Sorry if this takes so long. I wasn't in the mood to write & if I do, I didn't think it was good enough. I hope you like this though. =)

Days later, Danielle & I are set to go to Niall’s birthday party. His birthday isn’t actually tonight but it’s a surprise party. Niall might get an idea if they try to make the surprise party on his actually birthday. Danielle & I are going to meet with the rest of the boys & go to the venue together. Danielle says it’s a big garden with a pretty pavilion. Niall’s family have planned it. I don’t think I’m really invited but Danielle assures me that Niall’s mom says to invite Niall’s friends. I remember Harry is going to be there & I think it will be awkward around him. I want to back out but I don’t want to be left alone in the house. Harley’s back now but Danielle says the party might not end right away. I come with her then.

That night, we prepare for the party. Danielle gathers a few amount of hair from the front of my head & clips it at the back of my head with a barrette & she curls the rest of my hair. She applies some make-up on my face. Afterwards, she allows me to get dressed while she applies her own make up. I put on my teal strapless dress & slip on my beige heels. I grab a white purse & put my things inside. I wait in the living room for Danielle to finish preparing. Harley is being playful tonight but I can’t play with him at the moment. He might ruin my dress. I pet & talk to him instead. Minutes later, Danielle appears in a purple dress & black high heels. Her curly hair is straightened & she leaves it falling on her shoulders. We exit the flat, turning the lights off as we go.

Liam picks us up with his car. Zayn & Perrie is with him. Danielle & I squeeze in at the backseat with Perrie. We chat animatedly on the way to the venue. They are nice enough not to ask me about Harry & me. I almost forget that Harry & I will be in the same place for quite some time when the car starts pulling in in front of a sleek car. The passengers of the car in front of us alights the vehicle & my heart stops when I see Harry. I pray that me & him won’t be left alone together tonight. We’ll just be here for a few hours. What could possible go wrong? We exit the vehicle & meet with the others. Danielle stays by my side & I give her a thank you smile. I want to tell her to run along & have fun with Liam but I don’t want to be left alone. Zayn will be with Perrie. They haven’t seen each other for quite some time so I assume they’ll be busy catching up with each other the whole night. Louis is with Eleanor. I guess they will be doing the same as what Zayn & Perrie will be doing. If Danielle goes with Liam, I’ll be left with no one but Harry.

A man greets us & I notice Niall resembles him. I assume he is Niall’s dad. He shakes hands with all of us. Liam introduces Danielle, Eleanor, Perrie & me as we individually shake his hand. He guides us to the garden where everything is set up.

The garden is surrounded by tall, green, hedges. When we get beyond it, we completely see the whole garden. It is beyond beautiful. There are lanterns hanging everywhere & there is one on each table. The tables are covered in olive green cloth that almost reaches to the floor. There are two, long, buffet tables with lots of delicious looking foods. My mouth waters at the sight. There is a band, who is busy preparing their instruments. The most beautiful sight is the pavilion. There are two curved stairs at both sides of it. Hanging down from its ceiling is a big, magnificent, glass chandelier. It is the main attraction that night.

A petite, blonde woman greets us. She talks so enthusiastically to us as she sits us down to a table at the front. They introduce me to her & she introduces herself back to me as Maura, Niall’s mother. A voice shouts about Niall nearing the venue. Maura instructs us calmly to go to our respective tables & get ready. Everybody obediently follows. We all keep quiet as we wait for Niall to arrive. It takes a minute before Niall appears by the entrance by the hedges. He is completely surprised & baffled when he sees a lot of people there. We all greet him ‘Happy Birthday’ simultaneously. He realizes then why we all are there. His parents appear from the mass of crowd to meet him. He shakes his head at them with a smirk on his face. Niall’s dad, who I have learned now is named Bobby, signals the band to start playing. The garden then is filled with a relaxing melody. Maura allows the guests to eat & everybody heads to the buffet table, quickly forming a long line. We just wait for the line to shorten & lessen before getting food for ourselves. Niall approaches us with the same smirk he has when his parents go to meet him.