Chapter 24 - Holding Grudges

Start from the beginning

Wow, Tess. Way to go!

"Leroy, I didn't mean to.." I trail of and let out a sigh.
"I know." He sighs. "I known yoy didn't mean to do anything wrong, Tessa. But you have to be careful!" He adds.

"What happens now?" I ask. Leroy lets out a sigh and goes quiet for a few minutes.

"We wait for the world to move on from this." Leroy says.

"Leroy. I'm going to get alot of hate. There must be something I can-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Jennifer Lopez is having a party and guess what..." Leroy trails off.

"What?" I ask.

"Shh..Hold on." He mumbles making me sigh in response. "You're a VIP guest!" He says happily.

"Leroy." I huff.

"Just go with Marshall and act like a normal couple and the world will be on your side again. The music will be playing in heaven again." He says.

"Like a couple?" I repeat slowly.

"Yeah. You do it all the time with Marshall. It should be easy." Leroy explains.

"Could you tell him yourself about this party?" I ask.
"Why? Something happened between you two?" Leroy asks.

I keep quiet and don't reply. Leroy is like a overprotective father. If he finds out about me and Marshall having a little fun or if he finds out about us arguing, well lets just say he won't stop with the shouting and lectures.

"No. Why would you think that?" I ask him after a while.

"Tessa..." Leroy trails off.

"Nothing happened between us." I sigh.

"Promise?" Leroy says and waits for me to reply. I cross my fingers together and hold it up to my face.

"I promise." I sigh. I hear Marshall come out from his room and walk towards the kitchen area to the fridge.

"Alright. I'll catch you later, kiddo." Leory sighs.

"Bye, love you." I mumble.

"Love you too. Bye." And with that he hangs up. Marshall turns his back towards me and goes through the fridge.

He can hold a grudge, I don't give a shit. We can keep ignoring eachother. When we go back to his place, i'm just going to stay in my room and avoid him. Just when i'm about to jump of the counter, the phone starts to ring again.

"Hello?" I pick up the phone.

"Hi, Miss Black, there's a call from Nathan for you." The receptionist says.

"Me?" I question.

"Yes. He asked for you." The receptionist confirms.

"Uhr, put him through." I say in confusion. There's a long beep noise before Nathan speaks.

"Tessa?" Nathan questions.

"Yeah, it's me. Hey." I say awkwardly. Marshall glances at me, clearly wanting to know who i'm talking to.

"We're fucked, Tessa!" Nathan says, his voice cracking near the end. I jump of the counter quickly and walk to the bedroom area and close the door behind me.

"Nathan, what's going on?" I hiss through the phone.

"We....We...S-someone called the cops at Marshall's house." He stumbles over his word.

"Why. There's nothing illegal in that house..." I say in confusion. Nathan doesn't reply. "Nathan...Is there something in the house that shouldn't be there?" I ask.