another one

Waking up to a quiet house is starting to feel like a norm.  It's been two days since my mother's funeral and my day consisted of waking up, eating, cleaning, studying and sleeping. 

I enjoyed it really.

Moms annoying voice and her 'special friends" we're no longer part of my life.

I enjoy waking up to silence and cleanliness. For once in my life this house smells like a house.

Since its saturday, my initial plan was to do absolutely nothing. But then....

Tiffany happened

"Come on! You've been locked up in this house for two freaking days. And since the principle gave you a day off yesterday and I haven't seen you since the funeral, I miss you." Tiffany whined.

Shaking my head I let out a laugh before addressing Tiffany.

" You're seeing me now ain't ya? " I ask her with an eyebrow raised.

"Agg you know what I mean." She says rolling her eyes. " Just put on a jacket and come with me to this party please. It's for your own good! "

"My own good? How is going to a party going to help me? " I ask her with amusement.

"You'll meet some crazy sexy guy who'll sweep you off your feet. And who knows? Maybe he ends up doing more than just sweeping you off yourfeet? " she finishes with a suggestive wink.

"Some guy? Wow Tiffany you're a complete hopeless romantic you know that? And for the last time I'm not going to the stupid party!"

____________________________________

Why did I come?

That's the only question going through my mind right now as I'm standing next to a couple who can't seem to keep their hands off of each other.

So far,  this party is the worst I've ever been to in my life. I don't know anyone here.

Nobody

Nada

Not even the guys Tiffany left with an hour ago. When I asked her who they were she said some old friends of hers from Australia.

I was worried at first until I found out that they were gay and they had good intentions with her.

I find it weird that Tiffany is now quickly moving from being my friend to a sister I never had .

She's an amazing person to be around with and I'm truly grateful for a friend like her in my life.

Even though the emotions I'm feeling towards her right now are ones of irritation and anger.

I didn't want to come anyway and now she's leaving me stranded at a party were I don't know anyone.

Getting more irritated with the couple making out next to me,  I decide to go outside and relax.

Opening the sliding door.  I find that there are only about five to nine people here. All paired up except for one.

I couldn't tell who it was at first until he turned around.

Thomas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys.  So I really want to thank you for supporting me by reading and responding to my book.  Life is very hectic right now but I try my very best to update. Thank you so much for voting. I'd just to encourage you to comment more because I'd really like to know what's on your mind.

Oh btw sorry for the cliffhanger.  I just couldn't resist.

Love love love each and every one of ya

Lindazandi 😙